prestashop 1.5.2.0 TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to load form. Details: Error thrown: [object Object] Tex

Hi comunity. I'm using prestashop 1.5.2.0 I cannot upgrade to the latest version of prestashop cause my theme is not compatible. 

When I try to create new customer account I get this error, after I input the email address:

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to load form.

Details:
Error thrown: [object Object]
Text status: parsererror

It looks like this error is also present on the latest prestashop version. Tested both with the default theme and with my current theme. Same problem with both presta 1.5.2.0 and 1.5.5.0. 

I saw numerous of threads about this, but I was able to find a solution for this.

I'm not using any additional module, and also I didn't modify anything in prestashop core file.

ps. why presta is so difficult to work with? I'm a developer for wordpress and there things are much much simpler. 

Any solution for this will be much appreciated. 

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I had the same problem and noticed that you can modify "header.tpl" to have a different "$base_uri" which changes how Javascript sees the "baseUri" variable:

var baseDir = '{$content_dir}';
                        var baseUri = '{$base_uri}index.php';

The reason this happens is because something is sitting between 'index.php' script that manages Ajax requests. In our case this was a splash "index.html" file needed for selecting UK or US store location.

Hope that helps,

Kris

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone!

I found a solution. At least it worked for my client shop.

In FrontController i changed this code:

'base_uri' => $protocol_content.Tools::getHttpHost().__PS_BASE_URI__.(!Configuration::get('PS_REWRITING_SETTINGS') ? 'index.php' : ''),

to this code:

'base_uri' => $protocol_content.Tools::getHttpHost().__PS_BASE_URI__.(!Configuration::get('PS_REWRITING_SETTINGS') ? 'index.php' : '').$this->context->language->iso_code.'/',

• Like 1

At the Asset Protection & Elder Law Center, we are committed to representing our clients with integrity, hard work, and highly personal legal counsel. We strive to make sure you understand your options by explaining complex legal matters in real English, not “Legalese.” Then, we work closely with you to design and implement a customized plan to address all of your concerns and help you achieve short and long-term goals. We represent individuals, families and businesses, including corporations and professional partnerships, both domestic and foreign. We have represented clients locally, nationwide and internationally, from Europe to Asia and beyond. Our practice includes all aspects of Estate Planning, Domestic and Offshore Asset Protection, Business Planning/Incorporation and Medi-Cal planning.

estate planning attorney
asset protection law

• 2 months later...

Hello

Hi everyone!

'base_uri' => $protocol_content.Tools::getHttpHost().__PS_BASE_URI__.(!Configuration::get('PS_REWRITING_SETTINGS') ? 'index.php' : ''),

to this code:

'base_uri' => $protocol_content.Tools::getHttpHost().__PS_BASE_URI__.(!Configuration::get('PS_REWRITING_SETTINGS') ? 'index.php' : '').$this->context->language->iso_code.'/',

Hello xhere do you find this code ?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

to this code:

You saved my life!

Thank you very much

• 3 months later...

dont fix for me .. i really need help with this

prestasho 1.6

I have a big problem with my onlineshop http://www.skyway.mx
I have an authentication error and happens when the client wants to create an account. I have read many possible solutions and I could not fix mine

The error is:
TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to load form. Details: Error thrown: [object Object] Text status: parsererror

For more details of the problem I went to the Theme folder, authentication.js made a change on the line 82:

error = "TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to load form.\n\nDetails:\nError thrown: " + XMLHttpRequest + "\n" + 'Text status: ' + textStatus;

to

error = "TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to load form.\n\nDetails:\nError thrown: " + errorThrown + "\n" + 'Text status: ' + textStatus; 

And the mistake was more explicit, the result was as follows:
TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to load form. Details: Error thrown: SyntaxError: Unexpected token < Text status: parsererror

I appreciate the support that this community has provided, and that helped me solve many cases. Only I could with this problem and I'm a little stressed.