Please help me, I think I've destroyed my site !

Hi

My site was working fine up until this morning.

I went into Filezilla and tried to fix the Ebay update problem by adding the Ebay Synchronizer an now I get the Error HTTP 500.

I went straight to ipage who tried to restore it all to as it was yesterday . . . and it didn't work.

I tried to reinstall Prestashop again, but it's still the same.

Could someone please look at this for me and see if anything can be saved . . . . as I'm not holding up much hope right now. :unsure:

if you've got internal server error (500) you should turn on error reporting:

PrestaShop 1.5.3+

open config/defines.inc.php

find this line
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

change to look like this:
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

try to delete the whole module and related files and install the previous version that might work

Good luck

I've deleted the Ebay file, but it's still showing in my back office that I have the module . . . . but it doesn't appear to be a module as it won't install. It's still telling me it isn't a module, but I need to get rid of this 'thing' to add the old version.  

Any ideas ?

Ok do one thing. Just download the modules folder to local and make a search for ebay files and delete if u got anything and upload. Layman method but may work but be careful

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Do I do this in filezilla ?

I've been in ipage looking through various places and I found the 'ebay synchronizer' and deleted it . . . but it hasn't solved the problem.

Edited by bettiebee (see edit history)

you're sayin that you've got ebay module in back office.

click on module icon and then "copy url to image"

you will see the path to the module directory, then you will be able to remove it from FTP

regards

I've done that, thanks.

but now when I get into my Back Office it takes forever to load anything and I get this message :

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections

:wacko:

so you removed the ebay module from all available directories. And now this error message appear?

This message says that you've got several sql connections to your database, and you've got probably connections limit.

you use some non-default modules?

especially from untrusted developers?

is there any chance to get an access to your back office? i will check it with pleasure.

You can create temporary employee account with granted access to the /modules/ section only (edit/add/remove)

Yes, that would be great. You'll probably find the problem straight away. I'll PM my details.

Thanks Vekia

Will ebay install properly now ? 

I had the previous version which was great, then did the update to v1.5.1 and had the same problem as everyone else. The other problems started when I tried to add the 'ebay sychronizer'

So how do I get a working Ebay module, as I really need it back ?

if I were you will try to download file manually from here: (it's original module from addons)

I've just done that, but it says I've already got ebay and has overwritten it.

that ebay 'thing' in the modules list needs to be removed, but I don't know how to

unfortunately you can't remove it, it's because this isn'y physically on your server :(

i suppose that in this case will be necessary to ... remove module from your store database. I tried to install in there database manager but unfortunately i couldn't use it.

it is possible to manage your database? via phpymadmin for example?

unfortunately you can't remove it, it's because this isn'y physically on your server :(

i suppose that in this case will be necessary to ... remove module from your store database. I tried to install in there database manager but unfortunately i couldn't use it.

it is possible to manage your database? via phpymadmin for example?

The problem is it's preventing me from having a working Ebay module again.

How would you get into the Database ? Isn't it through ipage ?