[SOLVED] After upgrade to 1.5.5 by 1 click Upgrade website stopped working

I Am getting the following error :(

Strict Standards: main() [function.main]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead in

Tools.php

Edited by sadaf (see edit history)

this is not "error" it's only "strict message" - messages like this will be issued to warn you about code usage which is deprecated or which may not be future-proof.

you don't have to worry about that, just follow Krystian's suggestion above.

EDIT: i've noticed your second post, have you got any additional errors ?

blank page youv'e got because of this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Tools::isPHPCLI() in /home/exotijbb/public_html/moiz/moizlablo.com/001/config/config.inc.php on line 65

only fatal errors can crash the website.

it looks like your classes/Tools.php isn't actual, can you try to upload it manually?

I Am getting the following error :(

Strict Standards: main() [function.main]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead in

to php.ini

date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Warsaw');

all timezones

http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

if he use apache He can try set this in htacces.

I give soluction for massage. Is strange problem with this errors i see is not one case. But i make all without errors on experimental platform nginx 1.5 and PHP 5.5 all was ok hmmm first time with 1.5.5 :)

Only is incopatybile with some browsers :/

.htaccess You should have in main directory. Add in first line

php_value date.timezone "America/Chicago" 

http://www.webmaster...-with-htaccess/

Or sometimes You can edit some php values via hosting panel if You have shared hosting.

On VPS or dediacate server in main config catalog for php in depended from distro

Edited by tczaude (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I have the same problem (after updating from 1.5.4 to 1.5.6 with 1 clic upgrade) :

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Tools::isPHPCLI() in xxxx/config/config.inc.php on line 65

I have checked the Tools.php in the classes folder and the function isPHPCLI is in this file...

I have commented the two lines, but after i have the same error in an other file (Shop.php)...

So I don't know what to do...

Edited by tacki (see edit history)

I have resolved the problem by downloading prestashop manually, and I have uploaded the "classes" folder !

thank you for information that problem i solved and of course for information how you did that, it will be useful information for other merchants here

btw. today new prestashop was released 1.5.6.1

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I've just update my Prestashop from 1.4.6.2 to 1.5.6.2 and got the exact same fatal error message...

But I also got :

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Shop::initialize() in /home/DBNAMEeshop/config/config.inc.php on line 95

Could anyone help me ?

Thanks a lot,

Joel

• 9 months later...