I am also having issues with the permanent links tab since they move depending on what page I am...on the home page, it moved to the right, but if I search for something, it moves to the right. Does anybody know how to fix this issue? Please check out my site www.shopusa.cl Thanks!

Exactly, see how the permanent links bar moved? And if I search for something, it moves to the left...I don't know how to fix this problem. I opened the permanent links css file and change the left position coordinate, but it will not update, so I figured I had to make this change somewhere else. Thanks so much.

I also took a look at the bar never moved, was the same at home page and search page.

Maybe try moving its position under Modules, Positions, Top of pages.

If you put the site under CSS instead of CCC we can look at the CSS code.

I played with the css a little and you can see the results in the pic below.

Not 100% sure what css this code is in due to CCC being enabled.

If you make these changes post it here and we will have another look.

#header_logo{

• display: block;
  • float: left;
  • padding: 5px 0 0 33px; (changed)

}

ul#header_links {

• background: #C10001;
  • display: inline;
  • float: left;
  • height: 35px;
  • list-style-type: none;
  • padding-left: 0;
  • padding-right: 0;
  • padding-bottom: -10px;
  • position: absolute;
  • left: -250px; (changed)
  • text-align: left;
  • top: 162px;
  • width: 969px;
  • z-index: 2;

}

Image1b.jpg

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

I made the changes suggested, but what I found to be the problem is that the .css file does not update or overwrite. There is an overwrite problem that is not allowing me to push the changes. When I click on inspect element, it shows me the file unchanged. I definitely think the problem was when my partner installed the CMS News Block that did something to the existing files. Is there a way I can figure out how to override whatever was done by my partner or where the issue may be? I am really new at this and have been watching videos and reading the forum to understand. I appreciate your assistance very much.

Please turn force compile on and cache off, also enable CSS instead of CCC otherwise we can not see the individual CSS files and give you the exact location of the file.

Chances are you are not editing the correct .CSS files or your viewing cached content.

Looks like you have changes things now.

• 3 months later...

May I ask please how to add a simple text (no links) on the same file? I tried something like:

<li id="header_link_tilefono">title="{l s='tilefono' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}">{l s='sitemap' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}</li> 

but it doesn't show the translation of variable "tilefono" even though I've translated the variable under localizations.

Thanks a lot