Default Country for Checkout is not changing

Hi,

I'm newbie to this forum, I setup the PS 1.5 at my localhost using Xampp.

I'm trying to change the checkout default country from backoffice using module Localization->Configuration => Default country to Canada but whenever I test any order while checkout page, I can only see 1 country(US) from the drop down menu under the section of:

Estimate the cost of shipping & taxes.

Anyone could please help me in this?

Much appreciated!

Nadeem

Hi, do you have Canada as the only country that is with a greencheck in Localization>Countries?

Ok, I got it, I enabled Canada and US, the only thing which I need is to make Canada as a default country, any help?

Also I'm looking for Registration form, instead of email, I need username to check as email could be redundant?

Thanks Benjamin

tip: when localizing turn on ps geolocalization. then you can set the default currency for visitors country...based on IP...so then visitors from US get USD and visitors from Canada see CAD....it's a great feature

this also helps you set specific prices/discounts based on country....

another tip(best): to truly localize, you should create a separate website for each country and use one gTLD (.com/.co/.etc) and one ccTLD for each country you sell in. So for example your .com a .us and a .ca.

this is simple to do in 1.5 using multishop feature or in our 1.4 multishop module.

surte (luck)

• Like 1