[SOLVED]Home Page Editing Problem

Hi there,

Here at Budget Equipment, we use Presta for our website.

As the new website coordinator, I'm changing up and fixing some things on the website.

I'm trying to figure out how to edit the "Now Availables." It's the slideshow like feature on the homepage. I want to put up our current sale special there, but can't seem to find it.

Thank you, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Hadeel Haidar

Budget Equipment

Edited by H_Haidar (see edit history)

Thank you for your response, and yes we do.

I've reached the modules page, and if we have the homeslider it doesnt seem to be here. Could it be under something else?

And how do I configure our "Specials Block," because it doesn't give me the option to configure it.

Really, really appreciate you responding.

To be honest I am not sure what I are asking.

But if all you want if to linti an image on your slider to a product page then this is easily done

Paul

YEs, that's what I'd like to do, put an image/product on the slider.

I can get to the modules and can enable what I want, but how do I actually add information to the blocks? Like the slider, the specials.

Edited by H_Haidar (see edit history)

The default slider in ps does not allow you to do this but their are plenty of free and paid for modules that will.

You can of course use free photo imaging software, like gimp, to add your slogan to your image.

When you have done this upload to your slider and insert the url

Paul

The default slider in ps does not allow you to do this but their are plenty of free and paid for modules that will.

You can of course use free photo imaging software, like gimp, to add your slogan to your image.

When you have done this upload to your slider and insert the url

Paul

Oh yeah, I have the image, I have that part all done. But, how do I actually upload it to the slider?

Haidar,

Your slider module is maybe names something with carousel, or so. Go to modules->modules

then do a 'find in browser' (Windows: Ctrl-F) and type 'caro' or so and see if you find a module. If so, probbaly it has a configure screen where you can modify the images.

If nothing found, try to find something like 'slider' or 'image' and see if that brings up something.

pascal

The other big block on your home page is featured products. These you can change by going to catalog->products.

Press filter by category option (top left, just about the products list) and press Home category. All products that are currently associated to the Home category are candidates to be shown in featured products. To remove them from the featured ist, edit these products, go to associations tab, and de-select Home category (there should be another category selected as well, to have a 'path' to find the product in your shop.) Save the product.

To select new products, filter on another category to get a list of products of that category and edit the wanted product. Then go to associations again and add the home cateory. Save

Now it can be chosen to show in featured products.

Maybe it helps you if you look through the manual of Prestashop here:

http://doc.prestasho...ashboard.action

or directly to the user guide here (do you use Prestashop 1.5.x? :)

http://doc.prestasho...PS15/User+Guide

Someone on the forum (smartdatasoft) just posted some beta version (not finished yet, but he likes feedback, so give that if possible!) of a user manual. Have a look here:

http://smartdatasoft...mentation/beta/

Feedback to him by Private Message (PM) on the forum (click his name-link above and PM)

Hope this helps,

pascal

go to the modules > modules tab in your back office and search for:

"carouselnc"

Haidar,

Your slider module is maybe names something with carousel, or so. Go to modules->modules

then do a 'find in browser' (Windows: Ctrl-F) and type 'caro' or so and see if you find a module. If so, probbaly it has a configure screen where you can modify the images.

If nothing found, try to find something like 'slider' or 'image' and see if that brings up something.

pascal

Yes! I found the carousel! But, the problem now is that I can't configure it :mellow:

Can it be that it has a memu item in Preferences or so? Can you check:

Whan running Prestashop 1.5.x:

Go to Preferences menu. Check what menu's you've got there. Is there anything that point to slider, carousel or so? Is there in any other menu (Advanced Parameters, Administration, or any other menu??) something with name slider or so?

When Running 1.4.x:

After Pressing Preferences-tab, In the menu links just under the tabs, is there anything with name slider or carousel?

or

After Pressing Tools-tab, In the menu links just under the tabs, is there anything with name slider or carousel?

Just trying...

Otherwise maybe indeed hard coded in the files... :-(

Try this first,

pascal