[solved] Attribute Type , can do Input Text?

Dear all,

I am new in prestashop, just migrated from zen cart a few days ago.

It seems in prestashop , there are only 3 type of attributes , drop-down-list, radio button, and color

Because I am selling something like a "shirt-printing service" customer can print some words on shirt they buy. eg. their name / number

it is impossible for me to create attribute for them to select in advance

in zen cart, i can create attribute type in text input format, such that customer can fill the text box and submit it together with the shirt. Then , in the order, e.g. i can see Shirt A - print text "JOHN" Shirt B- print text "Peter"

it seems i can't make it work in the same way in prestashop. i have to keep asking customer to get the details for each product.

can prestashop do this in some way?

please help.

thank you

of course, it is possible

go to the catalog > products section in your back office, click on any product you want

then open the "customization" tab and change value of "Text fields" to 1(or more) - click on save and stay

whGS2Jb.png

then this text field will be avilable in the "product customization" tab in product tabs section (on product page)

W9nFkwx.png

• Like 1

That is not technically an attribute, but rather an independent "customization".

If you need to use textbox as an attribute (to affect stock, or price impact, or simply display near the other attributes without a separate save button), you can look into the following module

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47363-module-attribute-wizard-pro-create-an-unlimited-number-of-attributes-and-display-as-radio-button-checkbox-dropdown-textbox-teaxtarea-files/

• 9 months later...

maybe the word attribute was misleading. as I wrote, I had added a text fielsd as explained in your topic (Catalog > Products > Edit, go to Customization tab, add 1 Text field, defined the label of the text field, save - I hope this is detailed enough...)

then went to the Product page but can't see any new "Product Customization" tab - see this link:
http://weissjewelryshop.com/en/name-necklaces/611-hebrew-name-necklaces-personalized-necklace-14k-gold-.html

• 1 year later...

I'm testing this software as well for a customer that makes custom printed products so this is a good solution. However it puts the info at the bottom of the page so the user has to scroll down and find it to even know it is there. I need it above the "more info" area. How do I move it?