How to Edit front page content

I am new to this program and I am trying to make it work for me, but I do not understand how to add content to the front page. I would like to add text to the center but I do not see any way to do this.

Also, I had a block on the top left for categories and it is somehow gone. I have categories that now drop down from the black bar across the top. I have no idea how that happened and I do not want it that way. I have tried the module catalog block but when I do live edit the box is no where.

Any help on how to fix these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Steven

Good morning

For text on your home page goto:

Back Office > Modules > modules > Front office features > scroll down to Home Text Editor > Configure

Also, for the missing block search for categories block and check that it is enabled

Hope this helps

Paul

if you want, you can also use other modules like content box / html box

these module allows to add own content to - also to hopmepage

Thank you those ideas are helpful and the home text editor was a great find(nicely hidden by program).

Any way, the other part of my problem is that the categories box on the side column of my front page is gone. It was there when I installed program, but I must have done something and the box it was in is gone. However, when I use live edit the category block is posted there where it should be. I Have about 7 categories and none are there, not even the title "CATEGORY" label that used to be there.

I really need this to show up, if someone could please let me know what to do I would greatly appreciate it.

I am almost ready to commit to this program, I think this is my last major issue so HELP PLEASE!.

Thank you,

Steven

Hi Steven,

Hope the previous problems are solved with the help of Vekia and Perfumeskunk.

In your original post you mentioned the horizontal(black) bar with categories in there (that you didn't want in there). To edit the values of this menu, go to Modules->modules and search for the module T"op Horizontal menu"-module. Then click Configure to edit its values.

Hope this helps,

pascal.

Thank you guys for your help, I am getting there. Yes my old problem with the import has been solved, I figured it out. The semicolon was not suppose to be there it needed to be a comma, and amazing, products imported.

Next issue (and I am getting closer to completion), is the front page and the design and functions. I Have made a few changes with the site editor program, but none of the blocks I added on the sides show up. The category one is driving me crazy. I did what was suggested, deleting and reinstalling. The horizontal bar is fixed, although I didn't even know there was a module for that. However, my issue now is the catalog/categories. I am not doing something correctly, my catalog does not show up on my site anywhere, much less the categories names I made in the catalog. Is my problem related to categories in catalog section v. category pages in the CMS? I do not know what the difference is, but there sure is one.

Thanks guys.

Steven

go to the modules tab in your back office and search for categories block module.

uninstall this addon, then install it. you can also press "reset" button

Your last info was very helpful. I am getting closer to being able to implement prestashop, My problem now is my frontpage, and it not having any link to any pages work. I am used to having the program make the links automatically any time a page is created, but I have no idea on how to make the catalog show up and have the pages work with the site.

If you look at my front page now,

http://tradeyourdiamond.com/ps/

and look at how it is designed in the admin section, you will see something is very wrong. I have tried reading instructions but still not getting it.

http://tradeyourdiamond.com/ps/?live_edit=1&ad=admin0835&liveToken

=942d73cc55181fdce64764b0d603ae1c&id_employee=1

This is how it is designed in my admin section.

Why so different?

Thank you,

Steven

Steven, when you got to Catalog/Products in back office, do you have just the one product listed? It seems that way from your site.

If so, when you edit that product and then select Associations, is it only associated with the Home category?

If that's the case, I think you just need to load your products, associate them with the relevant categories/subcategories, and all will be well.

Only associate products with the Home category if you want them to be Featured products.

Hi Steven,

Can you try the following?

Go to modules->Positions

In the 'show' combobox, choose the module 'categories block'

The page will reload and In the list below, you will see all hooks of Prestashop. If you scroll down you may see the 'categories block' linked to some hooks, like Category creation, Category removal etc.

Scroll down until you come to the part with hooks Footer, Header of pages and Left Column Blocks.

Especially the last one is of interest. Check if the Categories Blocks module is linked here. (See my attached picture for how it should look like)

If it isn't there, I think we found the problem. Then do this:

1) Press the green 'Transplant a module' button at the top-right.

2) Check if the 'module' to transplant is 'Categories Block'

3) Select from the 'Hook into' pop-up list: displayLeftColumn (Left column blocks)

4) Press Save button top-right

5) Go again to Modules->positions and check if this time the Categories Block is linked to the Left Categories Block (You may need to Refresh the page (CTRL-F5 in Windows/Command-R on a Mac)

6)if it's there, go to your Shop front page and refresh (Ctrl-F5 etc)

7) If it's there, cheer and let me know.

8) If not, it's allowed to be sad a little. Then let me also know. Then we have to look further...

pascal

post-455771-0-69788600-1376588127_thumb.jpg

post-455771-0-97615400-1376588673_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi I'm new,

This seems to be the same problem that I am having.  I can't add the Category Block to my landing page - hell, I don't even want the landing page really it's not working for me and is infuriatingly difficult to control.

I've check the Module Position, I've added Categories to displayLeftColumn - it SAYS it's added, but it's not there!

I'd like my landing page to just show a list of products, which I've got it doing, but I just want to move all of the extras from the footer to the left column - for a very basic design.

http://www.dungeoncrawler.com/store/ 

Then I want to wrap this store in my current website's design, but looking at the tutorials to make my own theme are making my head spin.

http://www.dungeoncrawler.com/shop/shop_us.html

I'm also having woes setting up shipping rules.

help!

• 4 months later...