kkmixs

Hello

It has been three year i am using Prestashop for my online Store and i m happy with it.

I have a Online embroidery store using prestashop.Intially when i have started a website i used to provide the information related to the designs in following format:

• Width 3800
  • Total colors 6
  • Total stitches 91269
  • Height 120
  • Stops 6

*without using any unit suffix to the height and width.As it was self explantory that size of the designs is in "mm".

Now on my customer member i have change the format of information provided and now i provide the information in following manner:

• Width 8.88 inches
  • Total colors 6
  • Total stitches 91269
  • Height 40.62 inches
  • Stops 6

* suffix with the word "inches" after the size of the designs.

Now my probelm is that i would like to add mm to all those designs which i have intially uplaoded.In short i would like to add unit "mm" to the size of the unit but provided that add mm to the one where i have not added the unit inches.

Simply, adding mm to the size of the unit where word inches is not added.

Further if possible then i would like to add a small script that will simply convert mm to inches, so that my customer may find it easily to understand the designs.'

My website:http://embroideryshristi.com/

Thanks in advance.

Hi kkmix,

If you can easily 'recognise' which of the feature values are the ones that need mm behind it, then the easiest way is probably to edit it directly in the database. Make sure you make a backup, though!

Go to your cPanel (or similar) of your host, and open app phpMyAdmin (or similar app to edit database)

Go to table ps_feature_value_lang. here you see a column 'value' with all values of your features.

Then click on the value you want to edit, add ' mm' and go to the next value you want to edit. The edited value will be stored.

As said, make a backup of your database first. You never know...

Hope this helps,

pascal

I want to add mm to every product (around 3000 designs), provided that inches is not added to it.Do this is possible.I mean add mm if there is no word "Inches" added to it.if inches is added to the width or height then don't add mm.

Hi kkmixs,

I think I created a solution that works.

You only need to find the ID's of the width and height features, so that we can add them into an UPDATE sql:

The sql is as follows:

UPDATE `ps_feature_value_lang` a

INNER JOIN

(

SELECT value

FROM

(

SELECT a.* FROM `ps_feature_value_lang` a, `ps_feature_value` b WHERE a.id_feature_value = b.id_feature_value AND b.id_feature = 2 AND a.value NOT LIKE '%inches%'

) s

) t ON a.value = t.value

SET a.value = CONCAT(a.value, " mm")

We have to do the following:

Backup your database

separately Backup your table `ps_feature_value_lang` (ps_ at front may differ)

Make sure you can restore your table and database

Then

1) Find the ID of first the "Height" feature. You can find this by looking in table `ps_feature_lang`. look for the string 'Height' in the column 'name' and check the value in the same row for column id_feature'

Id_feature id_lang Name

3 1 Width

2 1 Total stitches

5 1 Height <-- we need this blue value first

etc

2) change the red number in the SQL statement shown above with this blue ID number

3) run the sql statement.

4) pray a little

5) check the values in the table ps_feature_value_lang . do you see values with 'mm' at the end?

6) if so, cheer!

7) (if not, restore table and tell me the outcome you see.)

If everything went smoothly so far,

Continue to do the same for the feature Width:

8) Find the id_feature value for the name 'Width' (the purple value in the example above)

9) change the red number in the SQL statement shown above with this purple ID number

10) run the sql statement.

11) pray full throttle

12) check the values in the table ps_feature_value_lang . do you see values with 'mm' at the end?

13) if so, cheer!

14) (if not, restore table and tell me the outcome you see.)

15) if everything went OK, let me also know. Then we can close the topic. Thx.

Hope this helps,

pascal

I cn't try this right now.Here in India it is Monsoon season time and i cn't access my Internet connection regularly.I will try this as soon as sun get appear.It has been 4 day and we are waiting for the clear sunny sky.There is no possibilities when you will lost your internet connectivity.

But a big thank you for your help and concern for this.Have a nice day and Happy friendship day

Last question i know it is diffcult to integrate SMF forum with prestashop, but i just want to integrate pretashop loyalty points with smf forum.I dnt mind if there is different log in or database...just one thing i require is that whatever points the members earned from smf forum get integrated with prestashop.

IN simple, i will allow forum members to earn a points on making post and reply and i want this points get integrated with loyalty points of prestashop or any exteranl module where they can claim a voucher for the earned points to be used in prestashop

Hi KK,

Did the monsoon fly over already?

About the last post: A few days ago, someone had some post about something I think you are asking for. Don't know if his product is finished yet, but maybe contact him about the details:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/259114-new-module-in-developpment-social-share-manager/page__pid__1321641#entry1321641

Hope this helps,

pascal