Help with cart rules or Catalogue Rules

Hi

We sell eliquids for ecigs. The price of the liquid is £4.99, or we have an offer of 5 for £20, making them £4 each.

We have a category with over 100 flavours in.

My ideal scenario would be this...

Once the customer has placed any 5 liquids from that category, the price per liquid is reduced to £4 per bottle, and any other liquids are then £4 each

(I tried to do this, but I had to select 5 of the same liquid to get that 1 product down to £4)

---------------------------------

If the above is not do-able (I think it should be somehow though), then the current rule I have set up which is currently working is:

Any 5 liquids from the category, reduce the cart total by £4.95 (Making the total of them 5 £20)

The trouble with this rule is that if a customer adds a further 5 liquids, they do not get 2 x that offer, instead I have had to create a 5 for £20, 10 for £40, etc and make them non combinable..

Any help on this is appreciated

The site is www.no-match.co.uk

Ray

Does nobody know how to achieve this ?

Im sure this should be part of Prestashop, yet when I set it up I had to select 5 of the same item (Select 5 items from the category didn't apply the price change)

:unsure:

Quantity discounts based on

Products:

Combinations

This is set to "Combinations"... not sure if this has anything to do with it ?

Edited by MerseyRay (see edit history)

Hi Ray,

Sorry for late response. I missed the topic.

If you use Prestashop 1.5.x,

You can do something that comes close to what you you describe with catalog price rules. I only believe that it goes 'per product' (i.e. 5 or more of just one product to get the discount), NOT per category (i.e. mixed products, TOTALLING 5 or more (of any) products of that category)

If that's no problem, then do this: (See some detailed documentation in link)

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Creating+Price+Rules+And+Vouchers#CreatingPriceRulesAndVouchers-Catalogpricerules

In short, go to Price rules->Catalog Price rules, and add NEW:

Add a name for the rule, optionally choose for what currency, what countries, what customer group you want it to be valid. Then:

From quantity: 5 (as you wanted the 99 cents discount for 5 or more bottles)

Keep "Leave base price" checked

choose Reduction type: Amount

Choose reduction: 0.99

This will reduce the price of a product with 99 cents when buying 5 or more.

Now you can specify for what category this is valid. Select the category, and click on the 'Add condition' next to it. You will see a condition added. If more categories have the same reduction of 99 cents, you can add them to the same rule.

Save and go to test it out:

Go to your category.

Then add just one product first. Go to checkout.

Here you can add more product quantity by clicking the arrow UP. Check if when quantity=5 of the product are chosen, you will see the price change (old price (4.99) and new price (4.00)

Add even more (6,7,8,...) and see that the 4.00 price stays for all bottles. Click arrow down, and see that the discount disappears when selecting only 4 or less.

N.B. Editing the rule throws away the (category) conditions. You need to add them every time you edit the rule. (Also when yo made a mistake in the condition, just save, and re-edit. They will be gone and you can start over. Don't forget to sae again at the end.)

I haven't looked at "Cart Rules" yet in detail, but it looks like there is some possibility to 'mix' more than one product of a category, using condition="product selection" and then choose category, and % as reduction (eg. 20%, from 5->4€). Haven't tried this yet, but give it a try if this is mixing (excusé the pun) of the bottles is needed.

pascal

Im having the same issue funny enough same products maybe its E-Liquid the software doesn't like :)

looks to me like we need to set up a specific price by category and not product,

I thought about setting up a set of flavour attributes as that would work but then as e-cig retalers we have a sub category in nicotine strength and I can't see how you can activate both.

Anyone else got a workaround for this ?

Hi PascalVG,

Thanks for your suggestion.

This is pretty much what I have set up already,

When 5 products from the liquid category are chosen, a £4.95 discount is applied to bring the total down to £20.

The trouble come when the customer adds another liquid, this is charged at £4.99 and not the new price of £4.

I cant add a 20% discount, because that is applied to the whole cart and not just the liquids on offer.

The only other option in there is a reduction in price/percentage on a specific product. This wont work either because you can only choose the 1 product to reduce (and there are around 130 flavours to reduce in this category)

I found a module named categoryquantitydiscount which seems to offer what I want, but it didn't seems to work on our site :unsure:

puffdade,

you can have 2 different attributes on a product, but that would mean only one liquid in the shop with the 2 drop downs (flavour & strength) for all the different liquids.

PascalVG,

I have looked a the Cart Rules and managed to get the desired discount across the liquids. Although it has to be set as a percentage, and not cost reduction.. but I managed it :)

Hi PascalVG,

Thanks for your suggestion.

This is pretty much what I have set up already,

When 5 products from the liquid category are chosen, a £4.95 discount is applied to bring the total down to £20.

The trouble come when the customer adds another liquid, this is charged at £4.99 and not the new price of £4.

I cant add a 20% discount, because that is applied to the whole cart and not just the liquids on offer.

The only other option in there is a reduction in price/percentage on a specific product. This wont work either because you can only choose the 1 product to reduce (and there are around 130 flavours to reduce in this category)

I found a module named categoryquantitydiscount which seems to offer what I want, but it didn't seems to work on our site :unsure:

Yes I think the "Apply Discount to Specific Product/Category" would be the best way. You're right, it would need to be a percentage. Have you managed to sort the problem?

Well.... I didn't get it perfectly.... but it's pretty close.

You will have to live with some pennies missing if you get a large order.

Here's what I did.

Price Rules>Cart Rules> Add Name leave everything else default.

Conditions>Edit Total Available as you want

>Checkbox Product Selection and click the green +>The Cart must contain at least [3] of these products... Add a rule concerning [Products] and make sure to Add your Eliquid Product to the right and exit out.

Actions>Apply a discount of 16.55%

>Apply a discount to [selected product(s)]

It worked for me. The only minuscule issue i tested was that with large orders you lose some pennies. For example if yor customer wants to purchase 100 eliquids, instead of the Cart showing $333.00 , it shows $332.97.

So obviously the larger your order is the more cents you lose. For an order of 10,000 you would lose 3 dollars.

• Like 1

Hi Ray,

PascalVG,

I have looked a the Cart Rules and managed to get the desired discount across the liquids. Although it has to be set as a percentage, and not cost reduction.. but I managed it :)

Yes, I wrote something like that in my 'quick thought about cart rules', as a reduction would give only a one time amount reduction, regardless of the amount of bottles, so that wouldn't work. A % would reduce it over the whole sale. And using the category for which to give the discount should make it complete. Nice!

Are there still open points for you here?

Puffdade, let us know if there are still problems lingering...

pascal

Hi Pascal,

That's what made me look at it again.

I had tried it before was was trying to add a 99p reduction instead of a percentage. The percentage will do fine though.

This problem can be marked as solved on my part.

I just need to be able to make "Packs" of products, with options now... but ill start that on another thread.

Cheers

Ray

Edited by MerseyRay (see edit history)

I can live with a few pennies missing I will give that a shot in an hour

I will let you know how it goes

Thanks for that

Hey puffdade, there is actually another way that may be better for you. When you go into your product and edit it. Select Prices>click under "Add new Specific Price"

Make a rule for a discount of .66 cents starting at quantity 3... That also should work for you!

• Like 1