I have been getting a fatal error message when going to the 'payment' and 'marketing' sections from the back office. In the posting below, PascalVG suggested that the helpers/modules_list/list.tpl might be in the wrong default path. I tried moving it to the 'right' default path, but it didn't work, and no one else has responded. I recorded the error report as well as code in the file locations in question.

http://www.prestasho...72#entry1314872

I then posted it on the Forge, in case it was a bug no else had chanced upon. A Prestashop developer looked at the error message and suggested a file was missing from the file location in question. I posted the contents of the file in question, then a different developer said they needed more information.

I asked what information, but no one has answered.

Here is the link to bug tracker posting:
http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-9801?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=76124#comment-76124

This has been preventing me from launching my site for over a month, so I'm desperate to figure out how to deal with it. Any help or comments at all will be much appreciated!

Edited by preserver (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I would start by uploading the admin, classes, controllers and tools folders again and overwriting the existing files to see if during your upload something was corrupted.

What FTP program do you use, I have heard that Filezilla does on occasion corrupt files, I do not use that program so I am only speaking form what I have read.

You should also check folder and file permissions folders should be 755 and files 644.

Also check your PHP memory limits and make sure you have a minimum of 64, 128m would be better.

• Like 1

Thanks for the ideas! I am using Cyberduck's PC version. The permissions are all at 644 or 755. I will increase the PHP memory limits in the morning, then I will make sure the files in question are re-uploaded.

I don't think I should use my backup files, should I? I suspect ithey would already contain the problem. Should I just unzip a fresh version of prestashop, and upload the files from that?

(Thanks again for help!)

I increased the php memory to 128. I downloaded a fresh copy of Prestashop (1.5.4.1, which shouldn't have caused any problems since it is the same as what I am using now), extracted it, then uploaded the admin, classes, controllers, and tools folders (being sure the old copies were overwritten.) However, when I went to the back office Modules> Payment and Price Rules> Marketing, it is still producing the error messages.

I cleared the cache, in case that would do it, but alas it didn't help. Any more ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

I finally fixed this.  I had an extra copy of the admin folder site that didn't get replaced during my first try at replacing the admin, class, controllers, and tools files.  Attempts to upload and overwrite 'admin' just came up showing as empty for a while, or only containing 'themes'. The ftp program I use, cyberduck, didn't want to remove the admin file- it said the files were not empty, but when I hit 'retry', it did remove the old admin folder and then I was able to upload a new copy.  I wasn't sure if that meant I was going to remove a lot of the customizations I had made to the site or not, but I had a copy of 'admin' backed up- that, and my site was useless without getting the error fixed, so if I had to redo customizations, i could.  The site still contains all the customizations I made (not just a generic prestashop), so that information must be stored somewhere other than 'admin.'  

I'm not completely sure if or what I was messing up while unzipping and uploading to get a copy of admin to upload that was either empty or just had the 'themes' folder in it.  I accidentally uploaded it as a subfolder of the existing admin folder, which could have caused part of the problem.  It is also possible I could have been accidentally uploading an old or corrupted copy of Prestashop from my hard drive.  I'm not sure.  I used 7 zip then winrar to unzip in case 7 zip wasn't working properly.

But, I kept retrying different things to get it straightened out and many hours later, it did work.  I wanted to post what I did to get it working in case someone has a similar instance they can't figure out.  

Edited by preserver (see edit history)