[solved] starting order number higher than order number 1 or 2

Hello,

Is there any way you could start the order number ids at higher than 1 or 2 ? my busines has been online many years would be great if i could make my first live order number 1000 or something instead of 1? is this possible?

many thanks

it is, in this case you have to change the ps_order table settings.

in this case - log in into your database manager (usualy it is PHPMyAdmin - it's available to run it from plesk)

then on the left hand side select ps_orders table click on "operations" button on top

and change the:

uCGmGP0.png

this is counter, increase the value of it to 1000 and your order number will start from 1000

Im so very sorry for being such a pain! the dedicated server is about 4 years old, im not sure how it works,- my knowledge is basic, I dont have those options in the links and fasthosts have the most shocking customer service ever, Ive given up with them, they tell me they cannot help with anything as its a dedicated server and should be self managed, im paying over £100 a month and I dont think I really need this hosting option.

Im going to move providers as soon as my contract expires. I will leave it as is at the moment but i just wondered if the system would run slow having so many products that i previously uploaded then deleted in admin panel. Im guessing they are sitting in a ps products folder even though they are not live and not visable in my prestashop admin panel

thanks again for so much help

you have all been fantastic with support!

frustrated,

the number you want to start from 1000, is that the number you want to communicate to your clients? Not sure if the order number is shown in the Emails to the customer or an invoice number. If it is the invoice number, you can give a start number for the invoice in Back office->Orders->Invoice and then enter an invoice (start) number.

Maybe play with this a little and see if this will work for you, or that we really have to change the order number itself.

My 2 cents,

pascal

Ahhh Pascal you are a Star

I did a test purchase as if I were a customer and it gave me a random order Reference (various letters) and it appears only the store owner can see how many sales there have really been. so thats superb thak you so much!

also massive thanks to Vekia for giving me all that info - I still need to figure out how to get into it to removed deleted products but thank you both very very much !