1 click upgrade Module

It may sometimes mess things up, but that's why you should always make backups of files and database before upgrade. Copy all files from /public_html on your server to safe location on your harddrive and export whole prestashop database with your phpmyadmin to the same location on your harddrive. If you do that then you won't have to bother it will ruin your store. If something is wrong after upgrade then use recovery tool built in this module.

• 1 month later...

Hello all! We have updated the one-click upgrade module.

First read these upgrade tips http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/271060-upgrade-tips/

Then read this back up article - http://www.prestashop.com/blog/en/how-to-manually-back-up-mysql-database-and-prestashop-files/

Then - go ahead and download the new version of the module and let me know how it works for you. Thank you! http://addons.prestashop.com/en/administration-tools-prestashop-modules/5496-1-click-upgrade-autoupgrade.html

• Like 1

Learn first how to restore a backup. Most updates I have seen had problems so you better try to upgrade a localhost version of your shop first.

It is always, always the best practice to learn how to make and confirm a working backup of your store, and duplicate it on a local host. 

This is all explained in our Upgrade Tips Thread here, http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/271060-upgrade-tips/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As always. 1.5.5.0 to 1.5.6.0 NOT WORKING

I don't understand it myself. I can never get it to work. I put a fresh install and started building my shop the past weeks.  I seen the new version so decided this time it must work.

error for copying /404.php

error when trying to upgrade /404.php

[ERROR] file V1.5.5.0_20131010-203107-14a13680 is missing : unable to restore files. Operation aborted.

What I don't understand is if any of my files got corrupted?  or is it the same  1.5.5  ?  Everything looks the same

Could get any news on this?  I still cannot get  1 click upgrade to work.   1.5.5.0 to 1.5.6  on default template and fresh install. cpanel server VPS.   days now

error for copying /404.php

error when trying to upgrade /404.php

[ERROR] file V1.5.5.0_20131015-154658-63de94ca is missing : unable to restore files. Operation aborted.

A note to the creators/developers of 1-click upgrade:

The module itself should warn if the server configuration don't allow to do the upgrade and backups, checking folder permissions, .ini and .htaccess lines... and marking that as a red cross if something is not ok.

A note to the creators/developers of 1-click upgrade:

The module itself should warn if the server configuration don't allow to do the upgrade and backups, checking folder permissions, .ini and .htaccess lines... and marking that as a red cross if something is not ok.

Hi Jordi, Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately it's extremely hard to have a module actually be able to read all the possible variations of server configurations. It does go through a check and in a far majority of cases, the check is enough. That said, sometimes server security restrictions and advance configurations can lead to the Upgrade checklist reading your server incorrectly. That is why it is always the recommendation that an upgrade be tested on a live test duplicate subdomain before upgrading your live store. Ideally, it would be great for the module to work perfectly, but with the vast number of exotic and specific configuration settings, we do the best we can to make it easy and quick. 

Tell me more.  I have did 2 fresh installs and have not installed any mods.  I can't get 1-click to work on my VPS cpanel server.  All to green but as soon as it wants to copy files over fails.  I need to start building my store but have doubts and sure isn't as smooth as updating  a wordpress or SMF forum. 

I also have a default theme with no edits.  1.5.5 

I guess PS is having an issue not being able to copy/change permissions but I don't know what to do. wish somebody can help. 

With my hosting company tried suphp handler. back to dso.  tried different permissions.  uninstall 1 click... reinstall.   all green. 

Error says to manually upload zip into /autoupgrade  yet doesn't work still.    It downloads to download dir itself but doesn't execute. zzz  I hope I don't have to install another fresh install. number 3.   Keep losing work. 

"Analyzing the situation ...Shop deactivated. Now downloading (this can takes some times )...
Your server cannot download the file. Please upload it first by ftp in your admin/autoupgrade directory"
Edited by BPLive (see edit history)

I created another admin account and gave to my host to try in the BO.   It worked for him and upgraded.

So I GUESS there might have been a cache issue, but I tried on 2 different browsers. 

So I guess this version works! 1.2.2 of 1 click. and if you had issues before to make sure you flush out cache and gash. 

:unsure:  or maybe it just decided to work.  strange stuff........   :blink:    not sure if suPHP made a difference or not but it upgraded.

Edit:  Right before it worked ... there were ownership files and folders set to nobody for some reason. Doing this issue  back to the account owner and going to suPHP was a turn for the good. 

Edited by BPLive (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

The problem I'm getting is that when it goes to the backup step I get the following error (and I haven't figured out a way around it): 

"Unable to create backup db file /home3/xxxxxxx/public_html/psadmin/autoupgrade/backup/V1.5.3.1_xxxxxxxxx.sql.bz2"

File rights always cause problems when it comes to upgrading prestashop. The best way would be to copy shop and database to harddrive, set shop on localhost and do the upgrade here. If it's ok after that then clear files and database on the server and upload files and database from localhost

• Like 1