Recursive write permissions on files and folders?

Hi, Hope someone can help... this process is driving me insane i have copied all files via ftp but i keep getting these errors... can anyone help with this and how much would you charge? im on a dedicated server with fasthosts

Oops! Please correct the item(s) below, and then click "Refresh information" to test the compatibility of your new system.

• Recursive write permissions on files and folders:
  • ~/config/
  • ~/cache/
  • ~/log/
  • ~/img/
  • ~/mails/
  • ~/modules/
  • ~/themes/default/lang/
  • ~/themes/default/cache/
  • ~/translations/
  • ~/upload/
  • ~/download/
  • ~/sitemap.xml

• PHP parameters:
  • Mcrypt extension is not enabled

post-637790-0-78087600-1374263342_thumb.jpg

how are you trying to change your filer permissions? ssh? or via your control panel on your server?

did you google search 'prestashop recursive write permissions' as there are loads of posts on this topic already.

remember the more info you put in your post, the better the community can help.

hi i google searched again and went into ftp (right clicked) to change permissions some have changed but others still have erros even though i changed write permissions on files.

thank you so much for your help

• ~/cache/
  • ~/img/
  • ~/mails/
  • ~/modules/
  • ~/themes/default/lang/
  • ~/translations/

• PHP parameters:

Im not sure what you mean about this.

i logged into ftp located folders and files in httpdocs right clicked on it and ticked the write for group and all users....

this worked for some but not all (7 out of 12 still have issues) ive tried opening the top file folders and manually changing each file in those folders but still have issues.

anyone out there that can help i will truly appreciate it, this is pushing me over the edge... ive now tried 3 developers they didn't understand either prestashop or my sever, im on the verdge of giving up :( im willing to pay for support if someone can help

no not you, you have been a great help

the 3 developers that work for companies that I tried

one who has an office down from me, he couldnt extra prestashop files onto my server

another one i found on gumtree he couldnt do it

another one i found on ebay he said my server didnt have mcrypt installed?

I spoke to hosting company "Fasthosts" terrible service over 3 days - offering no support as its a dedicated server and should be self managed - my developer that originally set this server up for me cannot be contacted.

Im hitting a brick wall with it all I just need some shopping cart software installed on my server and im willing to pay for anyone that can help

did you run the ps installer to set up your shop or did you ftp to the remote from your localhost?

I am sure you can hire someone to work on this for you, as I stated in pm, I don't do personal work. If you prefer you can post in the paid section or ask me and I can move this post to the paid section. Lot's of good folks with reasonable prices.

yes i run ps installer ...

thats when i got those errors on the instilation assistant,

i am still manually changing all those individual folders in ftp hoping that its ok to click every single file in those folder to write as i didnt understand what top folder at 755 and everything below it to be 644 means i seen that on a google search for prestashop write errors aswell but i didnt understand, so im just doing each file/folder manually in ftp i have now got.

• ~/cache/
  • ~/img/
  • ~/modules/
  • ~/themes/default/lang/

• PHP parameters:

that is why I asked earlier if you were using ssh or control panel, FTP doesn't really have a 'nice' way to change them.

just keep slogging away on the permission, you will get there..

if you are going to running a dedicated and/or vps/shared server, you should become familiar with ssh, so you can easily change things like permissions using for example chmod on linux.

as for hosting providers, when they say dedicated, they mean you must be dedicated not them. :)

thanks again for your help!, am i ok to change all of the contents of each folder to write for group and all users? or is there any that shouldnt be changed? thanks again for all your help!

i will have a look at this shh you mention infact ive been looking at part time study courses as i need to get my head around the server as this week has been hellish to say the least.

I will let you know when i get up and running and thanks again for all your help x

hi

have same problem, in the beginning got about 10 folders in 'Recursive write permissions on files and folders' list, had to change them and the subfolders to 777, it didn't worked with 775, all solved beside one folder /modules/...

all folders and files in this folder and the folder itself have chmod 777, but it still appears in the 'Recursive write permissions on files and folders' list!

Anyone have an idea where the issue is?

welcome on board @israwinery

what ps version and where you've got hosting

the error is related to the whole /modules/ dir ?

I uplodaded latest PS version, 1.5.4.1 and I use my own server, it runs FreeBSD.

I guess but not sure that the error related to whole /modules/ directory, the installer just states:

Oops! Please correct the item(s) below, and then click "Refresh information" to test the compatibility of your new system.

Recursive write permissions on files and folders:

~/modules/

PHP parameters:

PHP magic quotes option is enabled

The PHP parameters problem will solve my admin, but I can't understand the ~/modules/ CHMOD issue....

Edited by israwinery (see edit history)

thanks again for your help!, am i ok to change all of the contents of each folder to write for group and all users? or is there any that shouldnt be changed? thanks again for all your help!

i will have a look at this shh you mention infact ive been looking at part time study courses as i need to get my head around the server as this week has been hellish to say the least.

I will let you know when i get up and running and thanks again for all your help x

what is your status?

Hello everyone.... i couldnt do it myself.. I had to get someone to install it for me and the good news is its now its up and running i just need to figure out a few things with importing products etc but will post in the relevent place for this.

Thankyou so much for all help given

• Like 1