"Ads Go Here"

So I still can't figure out how to get rid of that bog on the main page of my storefront that is grayed out and says "Ads Go Here." 

So first of all I'd like to know how I can get rid of that, or replace it with something else...

Although now I'm curious, and wondering if anybody has any good suggestions of where I would go to look into hosting advertising on my website?  I've never done this before and don't have an idea of what my traffic will be like yet, but any suggestions for basic providers that pay for me to host an ad?

Thanks!

Most sites have an affiliate program. Have a look at the footer items on websites. If they offer discounts or cash is beyond me.

You can get rid of the advertisment block

1) In the back officer --> modules.

2) Scroll down to "Blocks - 22 Modules"

3) Uninstall "Block advertising v0.1"

This is actually after uninstalling that block; there is still a huge box that says "ads go here" in the middle of the page.

I even tried reinstalling it and then uninstalling again--same thing.

Anybody else having this problem?

That's a good idea...although if you just delete the image from the directory, the alt will be "ads" written in its place.  What I did instead was created a gif that was the same dimensions, but just a rectangle that's the same color as my background, so now that makes that block invisible.

• 3 weeks later...
What happens if you delete the "ads go here" image from the folder structure? (Probably an idea just to move them in case you need to put them back)

Hi there,

You wouldn't happen to know where I could find the folder structure would you? I can't find this darn ads file so I can't get rid of the gray box! :-(

Zu