Need help choosing a webhosting company!

My Prestashop store is currently hosted by SiteGround with their shared hosting plan.

We have trouble of always receiving "504 Gateway Time-out error" while uploading products using csv file contains a hundred products or more. After contacting SiteGround's Help Desk, I was told that I reached the Apache timeout limit of 30 seconds and the setting cannot be changed with the current hosting plan and was recommended VPS plans (starting from $70 a month).

Do you have any recommendation of good web-hosting company and its plans which can allow me to upload csv file of more than 1,000 products? I use innoDB, so it is a must condition,too.

Thank you for your advice.

Hello Hide-Nene,

I have strungled with the same probs on a shared host.

Past weekend I was went to another host company for a vps host server.

They have done a great job for me!

Move all my data and PrestaShop files from the shared hosting to the new VPS.

Installed, moddeling, transfering the domain name and so one.

Now I running with a vps host for about 5 euro/mnd!! And my probs are gone!

50GB disc space, 1GB ram memory!!

Realy they do a great job for me, live chat to!!

Succ6,

Generaal

I can recommended hostdeal.eu

Edited by Generaal (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Can also try http://www.hostgator.com/ I have been through a lot of hosting sites. I can say 100% for sure not to do InMotion. It's like talking to people who don't have a clue. http://www.bluehost.com/ is okay but they are limited in what they know and what they can do. I can go on I've tried at least 8 companies -,-. I have spoken with HostGater and might be switching there soon they also are supposed to move your products as well as they are in English and use US currency if you're in the US if you're not I recommend the one above <3. As well as my friend who works with php recommends it. Goodluck

Edit: Found the US site for the other <3 TY <3 I will keep it in mind too http://www.hostdeal.com

Edited by BlueIzumi (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thank you for your advises!

More information on my store.

I am located in Japan, but the target is US.

Considering the geolocations of me and customers, I prefer a hosting company in the West Coast in US.

And I am planning to manage more than 200-300K products.

Should I have my store hosted by a shared or VPS?

Any further advices will be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

For 200K - 300K products, you should go with a dedicated server (a stronger one), I don't think a VPS will handle it, shared is not a viable option for 1k products.

Just think that at a point you will need to regenerate images for your shop, regenerating 1M+ images (let's say you have 3-4 images per product) is not an easy job.

But why not split those number of products on multiple shops?

Thank you for your advises!

More information on my store.

I am located in Japan, but the target is US.

Considering the geolocations of me and customers, I prefer a hosting company in the West Coast in US.

And I am planning to manage more than 200-300K products.

Should I have my store hosted by a shared or VPS?

Any further advices will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by PrestaCoder.com (see edit history)
  • Like 1

one important thing to consider when choosing your hosting provider, and that is your IP address and which country it is associated to. search engines take into account the url's IP country when calculating seo, so lets say your primary business is in Germany but you are being hosted in the eeuu with an eeuu IP, this will affect your seo. you can ask hosting providers if they can supply an IP for your primary country.

Note: you can circumvent the IP issue by using a ccTLD, i.e. yoururl.fr (france) for example

• Like 2

• 3 months later...