I am going mad, trying to install a theme in my new ps

Hi,

For hours and hours I have been trying to install basically any theme for my shop. I have uploaded half a dozen free themes that I downloaded from the net. I have used the express installer, uploaded from a link and using ftp. Nothing seems to work.

Yes I am uploading (some) themes that say they are 1.5.4 compatible.

When uploading a new theme I now do get an error message, which I did not get when I started uploading themes last night:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zo7iitc187x20tr/NPh0ALbuG-

But either way the new themes just don't show correctly in the site. You can see on the second screen that I never get a thumbnail for a newly updates theme.

Even the default shop doesn't look right anymore, although obviously still better than any new theme I try to use.

I tried to build my own PS shop almost a year ago but decided then not to bother as I had exactly the same problem then.

But there has got to be a way to do this, it looks so simple when following the user guide!

Thanks for your help, much appreciated¬!

Kind regards,

Hi bosch, you really have to be careful with the Free themes. If you are using a default installation and install a compatible theme, it will work unless there are other issues that are making it not work like, third party modules, custom configuration with .tpl or .css files.

Check out this free theme on a default 1.5.4 installation, it worked for me

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/236264-free-theme-niceclean-customizable-default-theme-skin-1504-2-column-option-list-or-grid-view/

Bosch,

Any update if Benjamin's theme worked for you?

If not, you mentioned you already had problems last year, indicating there may be something wrong with your current installation which may trigger these errors.

Maybe it helps to install a fully new 'testshop' on a subdomain or so and see if they work there? Then we know if the problem is the themes or the current installation...

My $.02

pascal

Hi,

Thanks for your responses. This is a fresh installation again indeed. It's a 1 click prestashop installation from the hosting company (123 reg uk).

Eventhough it suggests on installation that I can install in the root folder by leaving the subfolder field empty, it actually only installs the prestashop module when I do create a subfolder.

But I am affraid I cannot instal this override theme as I can't find the .less file. I also don't know anything about compiling it in css. Crunchapp?

Do I only have to add the one highlighted line in the attached file below?

If it is straight forward I am happy to have a go at this but if it's too complicatred I may have to leave it and use the default theme, although I have to admit that would be rather disappointing...

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!