Logo will not change

Hi Victor,

can you provide a URL to your site, so we can have a look?

Normally you can change the logo by just uploading a new logo using the preferences->theme page and then scroll down to 'appearance' block. There you see a 'upload header logo'

Hope this helps,

pascal

N.B.

you can use jpg, gif or png files. if you use gif/png files, don't forget to change the setting at:

preferences->images, scroll down and select as 'image quality': use png for all images

Edited by PascalVG
added file formats (see edit history)

I tried to change the logo through the back office - preferences-images - Use PNG only if the base image is in PNG format - regenerate thumbnails and clearing cache but still store logo changed to. jpeg.

I tried to hard code in the header. tpl, and succeeded but when I activate the friendly url, logo turned into 404.gif. I use the Indonesian language for my website.

Hi Henzan,

The file ALWAYS gets the extention jpg, EVEN if the file is a gif or png. It doesn't convert it to jpg, it just RENAMES it. (Not sure why they did it, probably to simplify referencing to the file.) So it will still be a png or gif file, even when the name doesn't show it.

You can try it with a png file with a transparent background. jpg doesn't have transparency, so if it shows the transparent background, it works.

My 2 cents,

pascal

• 2 years later...

Hello, 

I have the same issue. I have changed my logo under the preferences > themes tab. the logo appears in back office but not in front office. I tried Jpeg and png but it doesn't change anything. If I swap back to the original Bootstrap template from Prestshop, there my logo appears. The problem is only on the JMS Megamall template I just bought with the version Prestashop 1.6.1.4. 

How can I fix that? 

Thanks,