[solved] How to add new meta tag into back office header

xezus

And what code I have to use to display the meta with hookDisplayBackOfficeHeader, because this is obviously wrong :)

public function hookDisplayBackOfficeHeader(){

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1">

}

i pasted url to the official prestashop documentation abour creating own module, you've got there full step - by - step tutorial abour creating own module.

create module, in the install function use registerhook declaration to register DisplayBackOfficeHeader hook, then use function:

public function hookDisplayBackOfficeHeader(){
   return $this->display(__FILE__, 'mymodule.tpl');
}

create mymodule.tpl file with your code that you want to put into to the <header></header> section

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Can you tell me where the link that you talk about in this thread for creating my own module? I am using version 1.6. Will this tutorial work for my version. I am trying to get indexed into Bing and they are asking me to verify ownership by inserting the following authentication code into my header.

<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="1E6904121DDEED26B45432C31838ADAF" />

Is creating my own module the best way to do this? Is there an easier or better way to do this?

I don't quite understand your instructions after creating the module either. You said to "install function use registerhook declaration to register DisplayBackOfficeHeader hook, then use function" not sure what that means?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this?