Payment Module error

(I'm using version 1.5.4) I can't access the module- payments page of my back office. I was setting up the various payment related modules from the modules list, then I tried to go to the modules- payment page itself, and I got a 500 internal server error.

I set the configs.inc.php to development mode, so I could see the error. It says: Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Unable to load template file 'helpers/modules_list/list.tpl'' in /home1/presesa0/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:127 Stack trace: #0 /home1/presesa0/public_html/classes/helper/Helper.php(361): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch() #1 /home1/presesa0/public_html/classes/controller/AdminController.php(1521): HelperCore->renderModulesList(Array) #2 /home1/presesa0/public_html/controllers/admin/AdminPaymentController.php(225): AdminControllerCore->renderModulesList() #3 /home1/presesa0/public_html/classes/controller/AdminController.php(1437): AdminPaymentControllerCore->renderView() #4 /home1/presesa0/public_html/controllers/admin/AdminPaymentController.php(141): AdminControllerCore->initContent() #5 /home1/presesa0/public_html/classes/controller/Controller.php(167): AdminPaymentControllerCore->initContent() #6 /home1/presesa0/public_html/classes/Dispatcher.php(349): ControllerCore->run() #7 /home1/presesa0/public_html/adminba in /home1/presesa0/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 127

I really don't know what this means. Does anyone know what I should do to fix it? Did I perhaps not configure a payment module correctly, and that caused the error? seems unlikey, but I don't really have any ideas.

Thank you for any input.

Do you have a list.tpl somewhere in this path:

helpers/modules_list/list.tpl

Maybe it's somewhere hidden in another (sub) folder. Easiest way to find the file(s) list.tpl is to copy all Prestashop files/folders locally and then use search folder/file.

I ask, as it's not a 'default path' to a file list.tpl

default path is like this:

/themes/default/template/helpers/list/list.tpl

My 2 cents,

pascal

I think I found the file you are referencing. Here is the path:

public_html/admin/themes/default/template/helpers/modules_list/list.tpl

And now what shall I do? Not sure what the next step is, but it looks like you have pointed me in the right direction so far! :)

Helen

Has anyone had the same error? I haven't found it anywhere so far. I did see some other problems with payment modules, but I haven't found one like this so far. It goes to the fatal error message I posted above when you go to the 'payments' page from the back office.

I tried disabling the payment modules I had set up just before I found the error, but I am still getting the error when going to 'payment' under modules in the back office. Also, I haven't actually accepted any payments yet since my shop is still in development. I don't think this would make any difference though.

If no one else has had this happen, I guess I should put it up on the bug tracker. I just didn't want to post as a bug a problem that I had somehow caused.

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

So I figured out that there is nothing in the 'default path' you listed: /themes/default/template/helpers/list/list.tpl

Should I move the file I have that is now in public_html/admin/themes/default/template/helpers/modules_list/list.tpl to the above location -in the helpers/list/ instead of helpers/modules_list (that's where the file in question is)?

Is the right file just in the wrong spot somehow, or is there somehow something wrong with the code?

I don't think I moved any of these files previously. I did use a couple of fixes for the AdminImportController issue that was causing the csv loader to mess up images and categories, but I think that was all I did.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!

I don't know if I should post a link to my site- I have it under construction with only my IP address accessing it. Of course I would like others to see it and offer input, but I don't want to potential customers to see it yet. I did post the error message I get when I go to 'payments' under modules in the Back Office.

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking the file that is causing the fatal error message: 'helpers/modules_list/list.tpl' should actually be in the default path Pascal listed.

Here is the code in public_html/admin/themes/default/template/helpers/modules_list/list.tpl

<h2 style="margin-top:0">{l s='Modules list'}</h2>

<div id="modules_list_container_tab" class="default_modules_list_display_type">

<ul id="modules_list_container_content">

{if count($modules_list)}

<li>

{counter start=1 assign="count"}

{foreach from=$modules_list item=module}

<div style="width:400px">{include file='controllers/modules/tab_module_line.tpl' class_row={cycle values=",row alt"[spam-filter]</div>

{if $count %2 == 0}

</li>

<li>

{/if}

{counter}

{/foreach}

</li>

{else}

<tr><td><div style="font-weight:700;margin-top:20px">{l s='No modules available in this section.'}</b></td></tr>

{/if}

</ul>

</div>

<div class="clear"></div>

So does the above file- one causing fatal error to 'payment') belong in "the default path" (/themes/default/template/helpers/list/list.tpl) suggested by Pascal? It does appear to be empty when I open it...

This is about the only potential solution I have here... If anyone has any thoughts whatsoever (even if only the thought- "you should just reinstall prestashop"), they would be appreciated very much.

Thanks in advance.

Helen

• 2 weeks later...

I received the same error when trying to go to the marketing section of the back office. Here is the error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Unable to load template file 'helpers/modules_list/list.tpl'' in /home1/presesa0/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:127 Stack trace: #0 /home1/presesa0/public_html/classes/helper/Helper.php(361): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch() #1 /home1/presesa0/public_html/classes/controller/AdminController.php(1521): HelperCore->renderModulesList(Array) #2 /home1/presesa0/public_html/controllers/admin/AdminMarketingController.php(49): AdminControllerCore->renderModulesList() #3 /home1/presesa0/public_html/classes/controller/AdminController.php(1437): AdminMarketingControllerCore->renderView() #4 /home1/presesa0/public_html/controllers/admin/AdminMarketingController.php(33): AdminControllerCore->initContent() #5 /home1/presesa0/public_html/classes/controller/Controller.php(167): AdminMarketingControllerCore->initContent() #6 /home1/presesa0/public_html/classes/Dispatcher.php(349): ControllerCore->run() #7 /home1/presesa0/public_html/a in/home1/presesa0/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 127

It looks the same except instead of 'payment' the error says 'marketing' sometimes.

I tried moving the file

public_html/admin/themes/default/template/helpers/modules_list/list.tpl

it contains

*}

<h2 style="margin-top:0">{l s='Modules list'}</h2>

<div id="modules_list_container_tab" class="default_modules_list_display_type">

<ul id="modules_list_container_content">

{if count($modules_list)}

<li>

{counter start=1 assign="count"}

{foreach from=$modules_list item=module}

<div style="width:400px">{include file='controllers/modules/tab_module_line.tpl' class_row={cycle values=",row alt"[spam-filter]</div>

{if $count %2 == 0}

</li>

<li>

{/if}

{counter}

{/foreach}

</li>

{else}

<tr><td><div style="font-weight:700;margin-top:20px">{l s='No modules available in this section.'}</b></td></tr>

{/if}

</ul>

</div>

<div class="clear"></div>

to

public_html/admin/themes/default/template/helpers/list/list.tpl

(since there was nothing in this spot, and I believe Pascal indicated it was the default path.)

This didn't stop the error from occurring either in the payment or marketing section, so I moved the file back.

I double checked that I had the right location for helpers/modules_list/list.tpl, but the admin/themes/default/template/helpers/modules_list/list.tlp was the only list.tpl file I found when I searched through the entire site locally.

I'm not sure what to try next. I looked at line 27 of /tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:127,

it says this:

throw new SmartyException("Unable to load template {$_template->source->type} '{$_template->source->name}'{$parent_resource}");

I don't know if that would have anything to do with it...