[SOLVED] Instant Search disappeared. Issue with Mobile theme.

So far so bad... that are my experiences with the Prestashop these days and they are getting worse every day.

Right now I have this strange issue. Im using instant search on my webshop and it is completely gone from its original position. For some unknown reason it just disappeared.

Please see the attached printscreen.

post-525426-0-77792500-1371565913_thumb.jpg

How can I move it back to its original position?

Vekia thank you very much. This worked like a charm but Im not happy.

Why would this happen in the first place? Ty and your skills but solving this issue the way you described is poor solution Prestashop!

to be honest, i don't know what's going on with this.

all i know about this is fact that It's related to the mobile theme - and solution for this is above ;)

i suppose that this is related to the cache, but im not sure at all. My method works, so i decided to don't touch it for debug purposes ;)

Your solutions are great, and most of the time very simple.

Yet I find this very frustrating and bugs like this are just not suppose to happen.

It is the same thing like those timeouts when using CSV files to import/update products or some attributes.

These things just need to be fixed, or at least well documented!

Vekia thank you for the solution here, keep up the good work mate.

Hi dolke,

I'm changing the topic title to something more relevant to the Original Post. Please follow forum rules. You are receiving amazing support and help from our community.

to be honest, i don't know what's going on with this. all i know about this is fact that It's related to the mobile theme - and solution for this is above ;)

Hi vekia, do you know how to reproduce this? I don't see anything in our bugtracker regarding this issue as well. I personally have not come across it either.

Benjamin,

Im sorry if Imbreaking the rules here. I really do receive great support and I already contacted some of the guys via skype like Dh42 for some customization work.

I'm not a developer, so I'm viewing this whole situation from the user point of view, but I'm not ordinary user, came here to try this software, to learn and so on.

I own a small private company with 10 employees. I have 3 retails stores and I sell over 3000 products.

I want to sell online using prestashop and gain profit. Simple as that.

Problem with the prestashop isn't the software itself, but lack of documentation and testing.

I believe that I already pinpointed many problems from the end user perspective and from the perspective of someone who is over 10 years in the trading business.

I really appreciate all help from you guys. This is just my struggle to gain my place on the forums and to get closer to few of you who are experienced with the PS. I will continue to test and share my thoughts, problems and so on and continue to build, what I hope to be once day, greatest e commerce website in the field of spare parts for home appliances in the Balkans. B)

And as you all saw, I rally try to answer to some questions of other users here on the forum and get back to the community as much as I can. I know its not enough yet, but I learn every day.

Thanks for understanding.

Dean

• Like 1

Hi Dolke, thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

My only concern was for another user trying to use PrestaShop and gain profit.

What If they had the same problem as you with instant search missing, and searched it on google or the forums with your original title (my experience with prestashop is getting worse day by day..) .

There is a very small chance they could find this thread easily with your original title, even though it was a simple solution.

Furthermore, they may not ever find the solution and not be fortunate enough to receive the help on the forum that you have.

We can do better on documentation. Although it may not seem that we are working hard to better the documentation, we are, as well as all aspects of the software and company.

The rule you broke is not a big one, and it's broken often. I was thinking about the implications for other users with the same issue as you. Thank you so much for supporting PrestaShop and being an active valuable member of the community. All we want to do is help you in your business, and I trust that PrestaShop and our Community continue to help.

Thanks for also helping other members on the forum, karma points! We truly appreciate your feedback. Have a great evening.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

unfortunately for me this happend on prestashop without CCC

Hi guys.

Don't know if you still see this topic, but I had the same experience this morning and found Vekia's solution in another thread that put the Search box back where it belongs.

I have CCC active on my site, using 1.5.6.0. My theme is a somewhat altered default theme, mostly cosmetic. I've been using PrestaShop for more than two years now, but this was a weird experience. Whatever is causing it is still not fixed.

Cheers.