USPS Module displays "free shipping" no matter what....

Been spending waaaaaay too much time trying to get USPS Module to work correctly. I have read other similar USPS module topics, but there were no REAL solutions to this stuck on "FREE SHIPPING" issue.

When UPS is enabled with the same settings and USPS is disabled, UPS shipping displays just fine. "Free shipping" is not displayed. This happens when signed out, and when signed in. It makes no difference.

Being a technical support guy, I have tried troubleshooting this by the following means:

PrestaShop™ 1.5.3.1 ( updated as this was happening in the prior PS version as well )

1.) read the forums first. I verified country/states/and USPS module shows "x" just as UPS does for "free shipping". Verified all settings are identical to UPS. - NOGO

2.) uninstalled/reinstalled the USPS module - NOGO

3.) DELETED module, re-added, then reinstalled - NOGO (after reinstall, duplicate USPS shipping methods. and still no problems like this with UPS)

4.) Tried to delete duplicate USPS methods and get the following Prestashop exception(even though weight is default "0"):

Property Carrier->max_weight is not valid

at line 837 in file classes/ObjectModel.php

5.) RINSE, REPEAT, FAIL...

Seeing as it is duplicating shipping types, I am beginning to think the module files are leaving behind prior information/settings.

What to do? Thanks in advance!

post-575315-0-59716900-1371148710_thumb.jpg

post-575315-0-22778200-1371148718_thumb.jpg

Which version of PS are you using?

Prior to PS 1.5.4, there was a bug that was showing free shipping before a customers logged in.

Edit:

I couldn't see the images before, try to edit a carrier, and see if you can save it.

It looks like the max weight field is not valid..

Mine does the same thing, I am using 1.5.4.1

Of course that is not a big deal for me now, when I tried to do steps 2 and 3 above, everything went to pot. I am unable to reinstall, delete, disable or anything dealing with connect to UPS,connect to USPS modules.

So in the meantime, I hope you get an answer to this, so once I'm up and running again I can get rid of that FREE Shipping...

Good Luck

I update to the latest version as well and same scenario. When it comes to business, too much time wasted = too much money lost...

Here is my solution: http://daretoprepare.net (thanks to OPENCART!) It is much faster and not so focused on making money off modules as Prestashop. I will keep an eye on this post just out of curiosity. GOOD LUCK to those who replied.