[SOLVED] Problem with changing CMS pages/links position in PS 1.5.4.1

Hi, I have created several CMS pages in PS 1.5.4.1 and now I need to reorder the links, so that they appear in a reasonable order in CMS block. But i cannot see any way how to do this. In the Preferences/CMS backoffice page I have a table with all the pages listed within relevant CMS category, and there is a column named Position, but in this column there are only fixed numbers which I cannot change and nothing seems to be dragable or to give me any other chance to reorder the position of my pages (second screenshot). Nor in the CMS block module configuration I haven't found any way to change the position of individual links, while I can change position of CMS blocks, if I create several. I have seen some quite recent tutorials on Prestashop's CMS and there are screenshots with up/down arrows in the Position column at the place, where I have fixed numbers only:

post-563474-0-48147500-1370897262_thumb.png

What's wrong? I tried to make another clean installation but the problem is there too:

post-563474-0-39250500-1370897188_thumb.png

Do I miss something? Can you help, please?

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No, I have not found any nice solution yet. May be some editing of database tables, but it is not a solution for the shop user/marketer. Or display CMS pages via another (third-party) module - ContentBox, HTMLBox. I am confused if this is a bug, only two people have this problem?

Edited by maf (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Wow, you are great, thanks for the link. I looked at the github referenced in the bug report and found that my version of controllers/admin/AdminCmsController.php (PS 1.5.4.1) is the new one (green lines are present, red ones missing). I tried to put back the red lines and now it works, arrows appear and moving the lines/links in backoffice takes effect on frontend :-)

I donť now yet if this haven't broken something else (have a backup of the original file for such case).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, you guys are magic! I LOVE this forum!!!

For anyone looking at this in the future, after changing the sort order in "Preferrences - CMS" I had to go to "Modules - Modules - CMS Block Configuration, and just hit *save*. Only then did the order show up correctly in my footer.

Edited by Lyssa (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Hi

I have the same problem

I change the file and now I can order my cms pages but nothing is save at this point ! How do I do ?

I try method by Lyssa but because nothing it's save at this point, the order on block cms module is the same.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, you guys are magic! I LOVE this forum!!!

For anyone looking at this in the future, after changing the sort order in "Preferrences - CMS" I had to go to "Modules - Modules - CMS Block Configuration, and just hit *save*. Only then did the order show up correctly in my footer.

It works, but you have to use the up/down arrow instead of the drag & drop, to change the sort order in "Preferrences - CMS". Just go to "Modules - Modules - CMS Block Configuration, and just hit *save*, like said by Lissa!

Thanks everybody!

• Like 1

Thanks, this fix works for reordering cms pages.

When this fix is implemented though: the My Account and Information columns in the footer on my site swap positions randomly on page load - sometime My Account is the second column and Information is the third - others its the opposite.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for writing here on a SOLVED thread but I've the same problem stated by the thread creator and despite I've just merged my local branch with the PS master and release branches I can't order the CMS links.

I can change their position but can't save them.

Please help. :(

EDIT: also in the development branch the over mentioned fix isn't present :blink:

Edited by gr4devel (see edit history)

Sorry for writing here on a SOLVED thread but I've the same problem stated by the thread creator and despite I've just merged my local branch with the PS master and release branches I can't order the CMS links.

I can change their position but can't save them.

Please help. :(

EDIT: also in the development branch the over mentioned fix isn't present :blink:

Once you have fixed it as explained by Pronux, you can drag the pages up and down or use the arrows. You don't need to save, the position is updated instantly. Maybe you need to reload the page.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello. I have a Prestashop 1.5.4 and I had problem with most CMS pages, but without the ones that had sub-categories. So, I found I probably once made a mistake when accidentally changing the paths in Preferences -> SEO&URL, I had in CMS page path: {rewrite}-{id} and it should be: {rewrite}-{id}/ so it just needed to be with slash. So, you have to always remember about the default SEO settings before making changes. ;) I also put the same answer here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/167752-solved-cms-url-rewrite-problem-page-not-found/ as I found that other problem with links in Prestashop that might solve both topics in some situations.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there.

It doesn't work for me Prestashop 1.6.0.

I changed the position of my last CMS block I created but it didn't appear right in the footer.

However in table ps_cms, the "position" is 0, I tried to clear cache but no change...

• 1 year later...