Regenerate images doesn't apply any watermark

I am on latest version of prestashop usign default theme.

I upgraded from prestashop 1.4.8 to latest. went to regenerate all images and my watermark is gone. In version 1.4.8 it worked perfectly but can't make it to work now.

If i upload a new image in a product, it watermarks it correctly, but can'r make the regenerate all thumbnails work. It finishes regenerating them (and it does for sure, checked) but with no watermark. I have tried changing size and format of the watermark but it doesnt work for batch regeneration, but it works correctly for new uploaded images.

I do not get any error, not on screen, not in server logs ... it simply regenerates all images with no watermark.

can please somebody help debug where problem is?

• 3 weeks later...

I assume you did this since it's working for newly updated pictures, but did you make sure the Watermark module is installed and correctly configured? This is the only thing that comes to my mind...

Same issue by me.

Yes. Module installed and configured. On new uploaded images watermark is created. For old images in database after regenerating are not.

I've regenerated 10x and nothing. I've added

$this->max_execution_time = 500;

• 1 month later...

Hi to all,

With the help of Dh42 we got to conclusion that I too have this same problem.

This is considered as a major bug in the software or specific watermark module and should be fixed immediately.

Thank you in advance

I will continue provide the best feedback I can.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!

I have the same problem. Suddenly, the watermark has dissappeared from all my pictures. I have deleted/reinstalled/try another version of module, then regenerating all images, but nothing's happened. No errror. If I upload a new picture, the watermark appear on it.

I have prestashop 1.5.4.1.

What can I do?

Many thanks,

Dya

Edited by dya007 (see edit history)

I noticed the same with v 1.5.6.2, native PS watermark module v 0.5.

I had all my pictures watermarked on previous versions, but on some newly added products, the watermark had to be set to transparency value 50 (instead of 60) for a better visual comfort. I started the regeneration process, it seems it did not finish (how PS communicates with the user is sometimes minimalist), and all got messed up.

Symptoms :

regeneration process seems to have been interrupted (not sure, not knowing why, no message about successful update)

all watermarks have disappeared

some picture files were erased from the server and had to be uploaded again (all the pictures that were not moved to the new management system first)

Watermark will still appear on newly added images, meaning that the watermark function itself works properly. It is just not working through the regeneration process.

I'm not sure if I did smthg wrong in the procedure, can't see were it would be.

Vekia, as a skilled expert, do you have any clue about the problem ? Thanks

hm... Im not sure what to tell you friend.

Right now I also have some problems with the watermark and images but those are related also with Store Manager for Prestashop. 

Update:

What type of the storing method do you use for images?
Old one or new one?

You can see that in the BO here http://prntscr.com/2tk6ir 

Im using old system.

Edited by Dolke (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

I use Prestashop  1.5.6.2 and watermark version 0.7. My store is not s big, I have around 500 products , each with 5-6 images. After adding the proucts I realize that I need some watermark, so I install the module. If I add a new image the module works and on this image the watermark appers. But when I try to regenerate images ( all, only home default, only large default, etc) , but  the watermark is not added. I try with erase thumbnail option and without it several times. I think I covered all options , and read every post from forum.

This is my server config:

server: LiteSpeed

PHP: 5.3.28

memory limit: 192M

max execution: 39990

I know that  max execution time is big, but every time the script give me server error  and no watermark on images.

Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

Prestashop 1.6.0.8 watermark module ver. 0.9

When there were 15 products - it was allright Using Regeneration.  The only problem was(and now it is!) that when i press SAVE button(product editing) - the watermarks dissapear for this product. So i had to regenerate images to restore watermarks...

Now the products are 50. And suddenly i see the problem! - no watermarks after regeneration for ALL PICs or ALL FORMATS(if chose regenerate only Products). The message is that all is generated successfully, but i noticed that generating time is too short!

But! If i chose any format: large_default for example... generating take much more time. And all watermarks are OK everywhere!

Don't understand what had happened, No deleted files by ftp...

Edited by AnatolyW (see edit history)

• 11 months later...
I have the same problem, regenerate images doesn't apply watermark on old images. I need to watermark only large_default and thickbox_default images. I regenerate images selecting large_default and thickbox_default only but watermark applied only on new images

I use PrestaShop v1.6.0.9 and watermark v1.0.3.

Any solution? :mellow:  Τhanks in advance.