Multilanguage error

Hello there, my first post in the forum. Currently discovering prestashop.

I've bought a theme (premium01) to help me out with a more suitable functionality for my store because I am not very familiar with technicalities... The problem is when I go to the theme config. and try to access it's "manage translations" tab, I get the following error message:

Warning! Your PHP configuration limits the maximum number of fields allowed in a form:

1000 for max_input_vars.

Please ask your hosting provider to increase the this limit to 1809 at least or edit the translation file manually.

I Have corrected this, and increased substantially the maximum fields, and still get the same exact issue and message.

Anyone familiar with this? Your help is much appreciated, thank you!

Did you ask your host to fix it, or did you add/increase anything yourself? If self, where exactly did you add/increase this? (Maybe the change isn't picked up by prestashop due to wrong (sub)folder or so, hence my question)

Can you add a phpinfo.php file to your site and check if the max_input_vars is increased?

(to create a phpinfo.php file, see here an example:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-do-i-test-php-installation-with-a-phpinfo-page/ )

Let us know the result.

pascal

(BTW, welcome to the forum :-) )

• Like 1

Did you ask your host to fix it, or did you add/increase anything yourself? If self, where exactly did you add/increase this? (Maybe the change isn't picked up by prestashop due to wrong (sub)folder or so, hence my question)

Can you add a phpinfo.php file to your site and check if the max_input_vars is increased?

http://www.cyberciti...a-phpinfo-page/ )

Let us know the result.

pascal

Thank you for answering Pascal!

I asked my host (bluehost), but then they told me they cannot do that themselves as it vulnerates their liability clauses or something like that, but they did point me the exact place where to modify the max input (in the appropriate file / folder), in the actual template I'm using, so it should be correct.

Anyway, I thought I had to pass through that option (manage translations) in my admin console to add languages, but found out it's not the case and solved my needs.

I might be bodering for some time in the forums as I'm totally new to Prestashop AND open source e-commerce applications and it's a crazy maze for me:S , but one thing for sure: I've been a "prestashoppist" roughly for two days and I'm already so in love with it! :)

Thanks for your link, I think I will let it sleep for now as I met my needs and am quite overwehlmed with so much info (I'm not even familiar with html code hahaha), but I have a strong determination and fairly good logical / deductive skills, and therefore can manage myself pretty good until now hehe.

http://www.cyberciti...a-phpinfo-page/ )

Let us know the result.

pascal

Hello again Pascal,

Well, I think I can't bypass the "manage translations" anymore, so I re-open this topic. I have done as you suggested above, and the max_input_vars still shows a limit of 1000. Maybe because I have a template installed it is overriding my .php ?

I changed the value with my host, as I mentionned you the other day (althoug I can't get back to the file, I don't remember which one it was, could you pint it to me?) but nothing. One other thing, I don't know if it's normal, every time I hit the "manage translation" the error message display a new suggested limit change, increasing value. It started with "increase to at least 1809", then 2000 something, then 2000 something higher....

Thanks a lot again!

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

I thought it's better to ask for help here rather than opening a new theme as my problem is quite similar.

I can not manage translations as my admin says max_input_vars is limited to 1000 while I need greater value. I asked my hosting provider to change this setting (increase it to 2000) and they did so. Proved this by phpinfo.

Strangely my admin still insists value is 1000 and won't let me edit translations.

( I had to change two other settings to get a module working. Memory limit Max execution time but my admin Info still shows old and non-valid values)

Cleaned cache and recompiled attempting to get the new values but no luck. I'm short of ideas.

Can you please help me.

Thanks

(1.5.4.1 PS with MegaShop theme)

Edited by nikolaik (see edit history)

Nicolai, can you see/did they tell you WHERE they made the change?

Are there any php.ini files in other (sub) directories (especially your admin folder of /config that change it back to 1000?)

are there any .htaccess in other (sub)directories that has statements in it that turn it back to 1000?

Try to edit your .htaccess file and add:

php_value max_input_vars 3000

Also check out this post about the same problem. There is a php.ini file to download which may solve your problem.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/235573-max-input-vars-1000-solved/

My 2 cents,

pascal

Thanks guys,

You helped me solve the problem. Appeared that hosting company's guys simply placed php.ini in the root directory of the site. This didn't affect the subdirectory where my admin was. I copied that file to the admin subdirectory and that did the job.

Now I can edit my translations.

Simple and effective.

Keep on your good support.

;)

Nick