Changing from kg to lbs

This was posted in a previous thread and marked as "solved," but I'm still having problems--

About the issue of changing the instances of "kg" to "lbs" in backoffice, someone gave this advice:

In tabs folder:

open adminproducts.php and change 'kg' to 'lb' (lines 1451 and 1545).

open adminshipping.php and do the same (lines 28 and 196).

open adminrangeweight.php and do the same (lines 27, 28, 53, and 58)

So I did that, and it worked in most of my store so far, but still in my administrative section, when I'm filling out the catalog information for a new product, it still says "kg" instead of "lbs."  Is there another instance I should change to make this switch?

I'm picking up that this is really only for my own knowledge, and won't have any impact in terms of shipping or what customers see--is that correct?  I'd still like it to say lbs if possible, but if I can rest assured that it won't make any impact on the display info of this product or the shipping charges, then I can deal.

Thanks!

I had a similar issue. I just did a find/replace for everything that had 'kg' and changed it to 'gr' for grams in my cart. There were several files that needed to be updated but you don't want to just do a replace all as there was at least 1 entry for 'kg' which was not related to weight, it was the abbreviation for a country...

anyways, it only took about 10 min to search through each file with dreamweaver and only replacing the once that looked related to weight. Good luck