[SOLVED]Add custom field products 1.5

mmmm it can't fix my problem, see i'm building a book store and i need some fields in all the items, like writer for example and i need to generate the importation and exportation with these fields and of course show the fields in the front-end.

EDIT: i forget it, i need to use the search function too

Edited by Reco-X (see edit history)

it sounds great, but i'm thinking.

i don't say it before but i'll create a section of dvd movies too (the most important form me) and i have 15.0000 items to upload in it, one field of these catalogue is "Actors" who has along 4 o 5 names minimum. Because of that i need to create the custom field i think.

Specifi i need for dvd section this:

code

name

name original

actors

director

review

url

minutes

year

what do you recommend me?

I believe you set it up correctly. However, when you import you must choose 'feature' as the column, and then choose the appropirate feature from the list, or put the name (can't remember right now)

I tried every possible option and finally I got it working by using just one column for features and entering all values the following way:

original title:Bobby Deerfield:1, cast:Al Pacino:2, Year:USA 1977:3

I cannot say that I like it that ALL features are pressed in one column now. This is not very handy if I have several features which again may have longer entries. Can anybody confirm that this is the way how features are handled now in csv import?

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

Just figured out that I can drop the part with the position so at the end it's not too bad at all, perhaps even better than several columns :) . Thanks again for pointing me to the right direction ..

this is how the column of features is looking now in my csv file

original title:Bobby Deerfield, cast:Al Pacino, year:USA 1977

works great, I like it :D

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

No, this seems to have changed. I didn't like it in the beginning but the more I think about it ... it is probably easier to insert it this way. The only thing that bothers me is that the layered navigation block doesn't seem to filter custom features.

No, this seems to have changed. I didn't like it in the beginning but the more I think about it ... it is probably easier to insert it this way. The only thing that bothers me is that the layered navigation block doesn't seem to filter custom features.

well, i'll try it for now but i'm so convinced, because the exportation.

one question, the search function is working? for example if I search "Leonardo Dicaprio" and in one feature i have that name, the search give all the movies with this actor?

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this very useful tutorial. It is very well explained and helps a lot to learn more about customization options. Custom fields could be the solution. Custom Features is the other option but unfortunately the layered navigation module doesn't reflect self defined custom features. I am wondering ... would there be a way to make custom fields filterable?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I recently added a tut on how to create totally custom fields, here it is

http://nemops.com/ex...tashop-objects/

i read your tutorial, but i have a problem, when i edit or add a product in back office, the data not save correctly it's only modify the field with a empty value i don't know why, also if i modify the field in the bd with a value example value, i can't see the value in the backoffice.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Did anyone find a way to import custom features and have them indexed by layered navigation? I'm tryingto do the same thing and the import file is in the correct format, but none of the values of the particular features are shown in layered navigation and can't be selected when creating custom filters. Is this a bug? I don't really want to input temperature values between -40 to +40 for one filter and also lots of different weights in another filter.

Thanks for any help.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently added a tut on how to create totally custom fields, here it is

http://nemops.com/extending-prestashop-objects/

Great article!

In fact, in order to add new fields, you only need to:

1. Create them in the database.

2. Add a few lines into override/classes/Products.php

The rest - depending on the specific needs.

The article might also help with some other related needs.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello,

I followed your guide: http://nemops.com/extending-prestashop-objects/#.VEL4ofldW4Y

and/BUT when i moved into Production, after saving the product in admin page, it results into blank page without error messages.

Do you have any hints regarding this issue?

Also, related to: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/271107-backend-products-blank-page-after-save-url/?do=findComment&comment=1831013

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello 

after seeing the question on your forum about simple fields for prestashop (Prestashop custom product fields) our team decided to create some module that can resolve this problem and helps to add additional fields to the products in prestashop. so i would like to present this module :http://addons.prestashop.com/en/administration-tools-prestashop-modules/19531-product-additional-fields.html

it will be very interesting to know the opinion of prestashop users about this idea

thank you in advance for your attention and your answers

--------

Bonjour, 

après avoir vu plusieurs discussions a ce sujet, notre équipe a décidé de créer un module Product Additional Fields Prestashop pour resoudre ce problème et permettre aux utilisateurs Prestashop de créer facilement les champs additionnels pour les produits dans backoffice : http://addons.prestashop.com/fr/outils-administration-modules-prestashop/19531-produit-champs-additionnels.html

ça serait cool de savoir si vous trouvez ce module intéressant 

Merci en avance 

Andrey 

www.weeteam.net