[solved] Show 'inc VAT' next to prices?

Good Morning,

I have set up UK VAT @ 20% in back office, and it is working fine. I would like to make it clear that prices are including VAT and would like 'inc VAT' or including VAT next to prices.

Is this possible? I have looked for an option in the backoffice but cannot see any option for this.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hi RCP,

I'm not sure if you're using Prestashop version 1.5, but if so - in the back office, go to Localization > Countries. Click on a country and you'll see at the bottom there's the option to enable 'Display tax label (e.g. "Tax incl."):'

Personally I would just save time/hassle and add it to the product.tpl template file in your Prestashop theme's folder. If you'd like any further assistance with that, let me know.

Thanks,

Joel

Edited by Joel B (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Hi Joel,

thank you for your advice! I checked and this option was already selected, I checked and double checked the currencies, tax rules etc and still couldn't get it to display.

So i tool a look at the products tpl as you said and changed

<!-- {if $tax_enabled && $display_tax_label == 1}

{if $priceDisplay == 1}{l s='tax excl.'}{else}{l s='tax incl.'}{/if} -->

To

{if $tax_enabled && $display_tax_label == 1}

{if $priceDisplay == 1}{l s='tax excl.'}{else}{l s='tax incl.'}{/if}

and now it is displaying, also changed the text to Inc VAT.

Thank you for your help! It would still be nice to understand why the option in BO didn't work.

Edited by RCP90 (see edit history)

Thanks, so I can mark this thread as solved. Anyway, you can also mark own threads as solved, here is an instruction from from forul rules:

To mark a topic as [solved] :

- Edit the first post of your topic by clicking on the "Edit" button,

- Click on the "Use full editor" button,

- Add the "[solved]" string at the beginning of your topic title and click on the "Submit Modified Post" button.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

hello

maybe it depends on your theme? You use default template or some external solution?

Anyway, thanks for sharing the solution, as i understood - the problem is solved?

i use default template too, and the code for showing it was disabled, and solved it like above

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

After upgrading to 1.6.1.0 the problem is back - "VAT incl." has vanished, and none of methods mentioned above works, code is:

<!-- prices -->
							<div>
								<p class="our_price_display" itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer">{strip}
									{if $product->quantity > 0}<link itemprop="availability" href="http://schema.org/InStock"/>{/if}
									{if $priceDisplay >= 0 && $priceDisplay <= 2}
										<span id="our_price_display" class="price" itemprop="price" content="{$productPrice}">{convertPrice price=$productPrice|floatval}</span>
										{if $tax_enabled  && ((isset($display_tax_label) && $display_tax_label == 1) || !isset($display_tax_label))}
											{if $priceDisplay == 1} {l s='tax excl.'}{else} {l s='tax incl.'}{/if}
										{/if}
										<meta itemprop="priceCurrency" content="{$currency->iso_code}" />
										{hook h="displayProductPriceBlock" product=$product type="price"}
									{/if}
								{/strip}</p>

And the option to show VAT is on in BO. No idea how to get it back. 

• Like 1