[solved] How do I create an admin link with valid security token?

I'm writing a module for Prestashop 1.5, and have a table with links to some orders, in the backend. I'm trying to generate a link to an order item, but when I click the link, I get a screen telling me:

Invalid security token

In my template I have the following snippet:

<a href="{$script_name}?controller=adminorders&id_order={$p.id_order}&vieworder&token={$token}">{$p.id_order}</a>

When I click the I understand the risks.. warning, the page displays fine, and loads the order appropriately. I just want to get rid of the token error message.

How do I generate a proper token for the URL query string?

Nothing significant, I tried another token from the previous page, but it obviously needs to be generated. Pretty certain it's got to do with Tools::getAdminToken().

you can also use this: {$smarty.get.token}

For my ajax product updates I use these tokens.. maybe they get you in the right direction

To open a products page logged in I use

$tokenProducts = Tools::getAdminToken('AdminProducts'.intval(Tab::getIdFromClassName('AdminProducts')).intval($cookie->id_employee));

To send a validation token via ajax to a module I use:

$token = Tools::getAdminToken('AdminModules'.intval(Tab::getIdFromClassName('AdminModules')).intval($cookie->id_employee));

Best regards, trip

Edited by Trip (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

Great information! Thanks for it.

Now i can go ahead and mark this thread as solved

regards

What should i do if i want to link any order page to my module. I means i set link for each order in my module and set token using both Tools::getAdminToken('AdminOrders'.intval(Tab::getIdFromClassName('AdminOrders')).intval($cookie->id_employee)) and Tools::getAdminToken('MymoduleClass'.intval(Tab::getIdFromClassName('MymoduleClass')).intval($cookie->id_employee)) but each time i get error INVALID SECURITY TOKEN