This application need you to activate javascript to correctly work

Hi Everyone,

I have limited experience and am trying to teach myself website builds etc. That being said when I click on the link to load the install page I get the message "This application need you to activate javascript to correctly work" then it is quickly replaced by the Prestashop install page. As the install isn't working I wanted to check if the JavaScript message is causing the issue as I have changed directory permission as per the instructions. Any ideas? My browser has JavaScript turned on.

Appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

There are bugs in the /install/index.php, line 47-51:
They need additional "/" after "<?php echo PS_BASE_URI ?>".

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="<?php echo PS_BASE_URI ?>/img/favicon.ico" />

Add them all, you're ready to go.

(I'm using prestashop 1.2.1.0)

There are bugs in the /install/index.php, line 47-51:
They need additional "/" after "<?php echo PS_BASE_URI ?>".

[removed][removed]
   [removed][removed]
   [removed][removed]
   [removed][removed]
   <link rel="shortcut icon" href="<?php echo PS_BASE_URI ?>/img/favicon.ico" />

Add them all, you're ready to go.

(I'm using prestashop 1.2.1.0)

This works for me. Thanks!

It's the index.php file in "install" folder.
About IE, check your security setting.

In the index.php file in the install folder I added the "/" behind "<?php echo PS_BASE_URI ?>" in lines 47-51 like instructed and I still get the "This application need you to activate Javascript to correctly work" error when I pull up the install screen.

I don't know what's wrong. Should I try deleting everything and re-uploading it to my site host?

I'm also having this problem and pulling my hair out with it. Maybe, just maybe, we need to fix the php settings for this to work. I saw a post here on the forum somewhere about setting up stuff for specific hosts..... Can't find it though..... I'm already running php 5 but it might be worth a try.

I've deleted, uploaded, re-uploaded many times and set permissions etc and this is simply not working. Even the new Prestashop isn't working either (1.2.2.0) - I get the same "Javascript needs to be activated" error.

Any other suggestions?

Oh, and by the way, I'm using the Godaddy PREVIEW site which is some sort of custom thing that has an overlay of some sort with a message which MAY also be interfering with the javascript. Possible. So maybe I'll also wait until I'm running "live" before I can install and set up Prestashop. Not ideal, but until anyone else here has any answers.....

Someone please help!

Well I've confirmed with Godaddy hosting that their PREVIEW DNS feature that allows you to see the site before it's "live" does indeed mess with javascript. I've now changed my nameservers to point to my Godaddy hosting (something I didn't want to do until it was set up).

By the way, you CAN use the IP address that Godaddy assigns to your hosting space and Prestahop install seems to work without the Javascript error. However, would that mess with things later if the installation was done with the BASE_URI being an IP address rather than a normal URL? Maybe the Prestashop team could answer this one?

• 9 months later...

Hi everybody

I had the same problem with a hosting that use Plex,
I changed my PHP running configuration ( in setup section of my web site Plex control panel)
from CGI Application to ISAPI Extention

and finaly my problem solved

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!
I've downloaded the PrestaShop v1.3.1.1 version, but when I'm going to start installation, I get the error - "This application need you to activate Javascript to correctly work.". I've tried to adding "/" symbols to the appropriate places, as suggested
goldsky, but this not works (I've checked, that symbol already exists in the PS_BASE_URI variable). I've tried to run installation in Firefox 3.6.6 and Google Chrome 5.0.375.86, but it still shows the same message and not goes ahead. I'm running it under localhost.
Can anyone help me to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Vardan

Having the same problem on ixwebhosting. The support people ust said: Php5 and javascripts are supported with your current server.

Now i dont know what is wrong...getting stuck on the System and Permissions, dont showing the requirement list...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The problem is with PS_BASE_URI that only has ONE slash after the protocol (http:/ instead of http://). Just take a look to the source code of the install page with the error when callling the JS.

In line 9 of install/index.php there's this line

$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = str_replace('//', '/', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);

I really don't know why PS does that, but the thing is that you end with a wrong REQUEST_URI that later is used to set PS_BASE_URI. Just comment line 9

//$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = str_replace('//', '/', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);

Rocky,

I've still not reported it because in fact I'm not sure. I think the origin of all problems is because in certain situations - I still don't know which ones - the __ps_base_url_ in the settings file gets an automatic wrong value when installing prestashop.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm getting the same issue with the latest version 1.4.4.1, after about 2mins it loads part of the page but with missing icons etc...

Anyone know what is causing this issue with the latest version?

Have tried all the edits from previous posts with no change.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting the same issue with the latest version 1.4.4.1, after about 2mins it loads part of the page but with missing icons etc...

Anyone know what is causing this issue with the latest version?

Have tried all the edits from previous posts with no change.

I'm having exactly the same problem. Did you find the fix for this eddieuk?