[solved] How to change Home Featured Product module showing product vertical ?

Dear all,

I need to change the "home featured products" module to have it show products vertical (row by row for each product) just like products listing in catergory...

Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Thank you very much.

Vuong Quoc

well.. in this case you need to know something about smarty / html / css

all you have to do is edit homefeatured.tpl file located in modules/homefeatured/ (optionally in themes/your_theme/modules/homefeatured)

i don't know any ready solution for that, so in this case i can't paste here solution, only the tips how to do that

• Like 1

well.. in this case you need to know something about smarty / html / css

all you have to do is edit homefeatured.tpl file located in modules/homefeatured/ (optionally in themes/your_theme/modules/homefeatured)

i don't know any ready solution for that, so in this case i can't paste here solution, only the tips how to do that

Dear vekia,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm totally deaf about coding... I just install and use >.<!

Hope someone can make it though. ^_^!

Vuong Quoc

Dear all,

I need to change the "home featured products" module to have it show products vertical (row by row for each product) just like products listing in catergory...

Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Thank you very much.

Vuong Quoc

You will need to edit the homefeatured.css file located in ..modules/homefeatured and change a few things.

Here is a copy of a homefeatured.css file I modified for this situation.

Before uploading rename the current homefeatured.css file to homefeaturedback.css as a backup incase things go wrong.

(updated to border and Background)

Should look like this when done.

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

You will need to edit the homefeatured.css file located in ..modules/homefeatured and change a few things.

Here is a copy of a homefeatured.css file I modified for this situation.

Before uploading rename the current homefeatured.css file to homefeaturedback.css as a backup incase things go wrong.

Should look like this when done.

Dear tdr170,

Thank you so much for helping me.

It works! But in my case, there still have a problem that the product titles description have gone under the images...

You can see it in the screenshot...

And i also try to force it view "add to cart" button by changing

#featured-products_block_center li .ajax_add_to_cart_button {display:none;}
#featured-products_block_center li span.exclusive {display:none;}

to

#featured-products_block_center li .ajax_add_to_cart_button {display:block;}
#featured-products_block_center li span.exclusive {display:block;}

but it's show up a whole row button. Could i put some width:XXX value for it to resize?

Thank you for helping me out! ^_^!

post-181029-0-81676200-1366367045_thumb.jpg

post-181029-0-75632600-1366367213_thumb.jpg

Edited by vuongquoc (see edit history)

First make sure you turn force compile om and cache off in the back office and reload the page to make sure the new css file is being loaded completely.

Also post a link to the site so I can have a look as you can see from my pic the titles and short desc. are both in view.

I updated the homefeatured.css file above to include the buttons try the new file and let me know.

Please post link to site.

• Like 1

First make sure you turn force compile om and cache off in the back office and reload the page to make sure the new css file is being loaded completely.

Also post a link to the site so I can have a look as you can see from my pic the titles and short desc. are both in view.

I updated the homefeatured.css file above to include the buttons try the new file and let me know.

Please post link to site.

I've update the file on my server.

You can have a look here: http://viet-trend.com/vn/

And i know i'm being annoying but can you help me make it have border for each product and have shading to make it more attractive?

I don't know much about css so i can't do it myself...

Thank you very much.

OK Give this a shot I uploaded the file to my original location so not to have CSS files all over.

I have changed the file just for your site added borders and a light background.

You can change the colors very easily, they are at the very top of the file, border (#999) and Background (#E2E2E2)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...