Delete product images

How do I delete the product images? The default data and images were uploaded and installed when my theme was initially installed but I'd like to remove these images without deleting the entire product in the BO to upload new product images for the associated products I'm going to sell online. I've renamed all the default products (e.g. Macbook, etc) and assigned these products to new categories which I also renamed in BO of my Prestashop online shop associated with the type of eCommerce site I'm planning to launch. Thanks appreciate PS communities help.

I think you can upload your images and put them in the right place (Sorry, never checked where exactly, but maybe you found out already), then re-generate thumbnails in Preferences->Images. This will create all correctly sized pics used all over PS. Don't think there is need to delete them first, just overwrite...

Anyone, correct me if I'm wrong, (as I have never played with it...)

My 2 cents,

pascal

I think you can upload your images and put them in the right place (Sorry, never checked where exactly, but maybe you found out already), then re-generate thumbnails in Preferences->Images. This will create all correctly sized pics used all over PS. Don't think there is need to delete them first, just overwrite...

Anyone, correct me if I'm wrong, (as I have never played with it...)

My 2 cents,

pascal

It still shows some of the default images in the BO, I want to overwrite the default images and have the new products images I upload show everywhere in my Prestashop online shop.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi 

I am recovering this thread because i am having several problems with the pictures and i want to delete them all and start over.

Using the .CSV import i was able to delete 80% of them easily, but the others give errors and they do not delete

Can i jus directly delete /p folder on the FTP? or do i need to have careful with some contents of this folder?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

How do I delete the product images? The default data and images were uploaded and installed when my theme was initially installed but I'd like to remove these images without deleting the entire product in the BO to upload new product images for the associated products I'm going to sell online. I've renamed all the default products (e.g. Macbook, etc) and assigned these products to new categories which I also renamed in BO of my Prestashop online shop associated with the type of eCommerce site I'm planning to launch. Thanks appreciate PS communities help.

The easiest way to do this would be to delete the unwanted images via the images tab while in the products edit page, where incidentally you would/could upload the replacement images at the same time. Since there aren't that many "sample" products, this would be my personal recommendation.

If however, you just want to get rid of the images in one fell swoop, you can delete everything under the /img/p/ directory except that which is contained in the /img/p directory. (This is where your "no image" images are stored.) The directory structure and files will be rebuilt as you add images to your products using the normal BO process.

I know this is an older post, but hopefully my answer will help someone in the future with the same or similar question.

Hi 

I am recovering this thread because i am having several problems with the pictures and i want to delete them all and start over.

Using the .CSV import i was able to delete 80% of them easily, but the others give errors and they do not delete

Can i jus directly delete /p folder on the FTP? or do i need to have careful with some contents of this folder?

NO, you should not delete the /p folder via FTP, however you can delete everything within that folder. Please read my last post above on what is contained in that folder (directory) before you proceed.

PS: You can delete that folder if you know how to recreate it with the proper permissions.

Edited by obewanz (see edit history)