[solved] Changes in .tpl files not visible ?

I have taken off cache and ticked Force Compile, but any changes I am doing to the homefeatured.tpl file are not showing up. I have even deleted the file from the FTP and refreshed and it still shows up. I have commented out the short description in the HTML, and it is correct (it shows up greyed out in Dreamweaver), but when I upload it no changes are visible when I refresh the page. Any ideas why ? I have tried a different browser.

Presta 1.4.3 - Hosting HostGator.

Edited by vekia (see edit history)

you should check your template directory for homefatured.tpl file. I think that you modified modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.tpl - right?

Ah yes, so I have edited the wrong one ?

EDIT : Ooops, thanks, I have just edited the themes one and it works fine, my mistake, that will teach me for following a youtube video step for step :)

Edited by BlizzardUK (see edit history)

Thanks for the info that everything works fine now.

So, the solution is in fact, that your theme overrided modules/homefeatured.tpl file. In my opinion all changes to module template files should be created in theme directory, then you can easily make changes, and if you want - you can easily back to the original template version

i can go ahead and mark this thread as solved

regards