Prestashop New domain and keeping the base url

Hello all!

i just finished developing my store and it is ready to launch. I am using GoDaddy hosting, so I installed and worked in a subfolder of the main domain of my hosting. In other words my shop is located at: maindomain.com/shop

How can I chanage this to newshop.com (completely different domain) and keep the install where it is? I tried re-directing the newdomain.com to the folder, but that only re-directs and after that still displays the old domain. (of course, but I tried).

Now my question is can I change the Shop Domain and SSl to newdomain.com and keep the Base UTL: maindomain.com/shop?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

G

Edited by gkisiova (see edit history)

i'm not too familiar with godaddy control panel, but I'll assume you have the new domain registered with godaddy also. I'll also assume that godaddy, like most hosting providers, allows you to point a domain to a specific root folder. this might not be the case, but you should probably ask godaddy that question, you do pay them, so I would expect them to support you

• Like 1

Thank you so much, guys, for responding.

it turned out to be extremely easy, not sure why I was over thinking it so much.

i just pointed the new domain to the install folder, then changed the Shop domain and SSL to the new domain and changed the base url to : /...Sorry if I have wasted your time.

G