Modify footer [SOLVED]

Hi JustOneWeek,

Some of the items, you can remove in the CMS Block module.

Go to modules->Modules and find the CMS Block. Press configure.

There you find a part where you can check/uncheck the items you want to add to the footer.

If you want sitemap out, you can edit the module code:

Check if the file themes/<your theme folder>//modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl exists. If not copy it to this place from

/modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl (This is called 'overriding the file')

Open the file themes/<your theme folder>//modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl

(Below i give just an example. You can take out other lines here as well. In this example we take out the Sitemap item)

Almost at the end of this file, you will find the code as described below. Edit as indicated (take out the red line when you want the sitemap item out)) (Code 1.5.3.1. Other versions may differ a little, but should be very similar)

<!-- MODULE Block footer -->

<div class="block_various_links" id="block_various_links_footer">

<h4 class="title_block">{l s='Information' mod='blockcms'}</h4>

<ul>

{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}<li class="first_item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('prices-drop')}" title="{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>{/if}

<li class="{if $PS_CATALOG_MODE}first_{/if}item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('new-products')}" title="{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>

{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}<li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('best-sales')}" title="{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>{/if}

{if $display_stores_footer}<li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('stores')}" title="{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>{/if}

<li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink($contact_url, true)}" title="{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>

{foreach from=$cmslinks item=cmslink}

{if $cmslink.meta_title != ''}

<li class="item"><a href="{$cmslink.link|addslashes}" title="{$cmslink.meta_title|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$cmslink.meta_title|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</a></li>

{/if}

{/foreach}

<li><a href="{$link->getPageLink('sitemap')}" title="{l s='sitemap' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Sitemap' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>

{if $display_poweredby}<li class="last_item">{l s='Powered by' mod='blockcms'} <a target="_blank" href="http://www.prestashop.com">PrestaShop</a>™</li>{/if}

</ul>

{$footer_text}

</div>

<!-- /MODULE Block footer -->

The My account column can be deleted, but only all or none, by enabling/disabling the "My Account on footer" module

In Modules->Modules, find "My account on footer" and press disable, to take out the whole column.

N.B. If you want only parts of it removed, you have to edit the code of this module again.

Check if the file /themes/<your theme folder>/modules/blockmyaccountfooter/blockmyaccountfooter.tpl exists. If not, copy it from modules/blockmyaccountfooter/blockmyaccountfooter.tpl and put it there ) (i.e. We're 'overriding the file' again)

Then edit as deired, if you know what you're doing. :-)

If you don't want the social links, you can disable the block social module

If you want to add more social links, I once wrote some short "how to" here:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/235315-solved-how-to-add-new-social-icons/page__p__1158935#entry1158935

If you don't want the contact us column, you can disable the block contact module

Changes in texts can mostly be done in in Localization->Translations menu

Go there and select Installed modules translations and select the flag of your country. Or, if you want to change the default English to some other English, click the USA flag. Search for the text you want to edit and enter the new text in the field next to it (there may be more fields with the same text, so check a little which one you need to change)

Hope this does the trick,

Pascal

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

thx for sharing but how i can modify footer position colum ?

you want to move whole block? if so, where you want to move it?

or maybe you want to move only columns inside the footer?

please shed some light on this problem

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

you want to move whole block? if so, where you want to move it?

or maybe you want to move only columns inside the footer?

please shed some light on this problem

Hi Vekia!

I search how  to move blocks inside the footer?

Could you enlighten me, please.
Thanks!

Hi Vekia!

I search how  to move blocks inside the footer?

Could you enlighten me, please.
Thanks!

open: modules > positions tab in your back office

then search for displayFooter modules list

to change modules position inside this section just drag n drop modules (or click arrows)

• Like 1

open: modules > positions tab in your back office

then search for displayFooter modules list

to change modules position inside this section just drag n drop modules (or click arrows)

SOLVED! (As you use to Vekia!)

Thanks  a lot for the answer and quickness!

• 7 months later...

Hi Carment,

Go to localization->Translations.

post-455771-0-78607600-1413459878_thumb.png

Then choose

1) installed modules translations,

2) Your theme

3) your language (Chose English, if you want different wording in English)

Press Modify (button on the right)

Press the "close all Fieldsets" button, and click again on the same button (text has changed to "expand all fieldsets")

Then search for blockCMS (Use Ctrl-F)

There you see the information field. Put your new text on the right.

post-455771-0-13180300-1413460161_thumb.png

See images.

Hope this helps,

pascal.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

HEY 

I tried changing the footer block with my on personal info in bootstrap theme. I DID all the steps necessary. i did changes in translation tab in cms block option. Den i changed the cmsblock file on server in still not able to see the change in footer section of my website. try checking the website nevik.mshantaram.com

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi JustOneWeek,

Some of the items, you can remove in the CMS Block module.

Go to modules->Modules and find the CMS Block. Press configure.

There you find a part where you can check/uncheck the items you want to add to the footer.

If you want sitemap out, you can edit the module code:

Check if the file themes/<your theme folder>//modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl exists. If not copy it to this place from

/modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl (This is called 'overriding the file')

Open the file themes/<your theme folder>//modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl

(Below i give just an example. You can take out other lines here as well. In this example we take out the Sitemap item)

Almost at the end of this file, you will find the code as described below. Edit as indicated (take out the red line when you want the sitemap item out)) (Code 1.5.3.1. Other versions may differ a little, but should be very similar)

<!-- MODULE Block footer -->

<div class="block_various_links" id="block_various_links_footer">

<h4 class="title_block">{l s='Information' mod='blockcms'}</h4>

<ul>

{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}<li class="first_item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('prices-drop')}" title="{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>{/if}

<li class="{if $PS_CATALOG_MODE}first_{/if}item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('new-products')}" title="{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>

{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}<li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('best-sales')}" title="{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>{/if}

{if $display_stores_footer}<li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('stores')}" title="{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>{/if}

<li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink($contact_url, true)}" title="{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>

{foreach from=$cmslinks item=cmslink}

{if $cmslink.meta_title != ''}

<li class="item"><a href="{$cmslink.link|addslashes}" title="{$cmslink.meta_title|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$cmslink.meta_title|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</a></li>

{/if}

{/foreach}

<li><a href="{$link->getPageLink('sitemap')}" title="{l s='sitemap' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Sitemap' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>

{if $display_poweredby}<li class="last_item">{l s='Powered by' mod='blockcms'} <a target="_blank" href="http://www.prestashop.com">PrestaShop</a>™</li>{/if}

</ul>

{$footer_text}

</div>

<!-- /MODULE Block footer -->

The My account column can be deleted, but only all or none, by enabling/disabling the "My Account on footer" module

In Modules->Modules, find "My account on footer" and press disable, to take out the whole column.

N.B. If you want only parts of it removed, you have to edit the code of this module again.

Check if the file /themes/<your theme folder>/modules/blockmyaccountfooter/blockmyaccountfooter.tpl exists. If not, copy it from modules/blockmyaccountfooter/blockmyaccountfooter.tpl and put it there ) (i.e. We're 'overriding the file' again)

Then edit as deired, if you know what you're doing. :-)

If you don't want the social links, you can disable the block social module

If you want to add more social links, I once wrote some short "how to" here:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/235315-solved-how-to-add-new-social-icons/page__p__1158935?do=findComment&comment=1158935

If you don't want the contact us column, you can disable the block contact module

Changes in texts can mostly be done in in Localization->Translations menu

Go there and select Installed modules translations and select the flag of your country. Or, if you want to change the default English to some other English, click the USA flag. Search for the text you want to edit and enter the new text in the field next to it (there may be more fields with the same text, so check a little which one you need to change)

Hope this does the trick,

Pascal

Thanks Pascal, it's work..! :rolleyes: