Help me help our designers...please!

Hi

I need some advice

I am having an online shop built and my designers have a problem.

I want to find out if there is a way around it.

I have several product photos which display 3 products in the one photo.

I don't want to have lots of duplicate photos on the website (ie one for each reference) because it looks messy as hell

I need to be able to sell 3 different products from the same page and each of those products will have variants ie. size, colour.

Is there any solution to this that I can pass on to my designers.

I am asking for them because they don't speak english, hoping there is something I can pass onto them.

Thanks !!

• 2 weeks later...

I only think this is (standard) possible if the three products are just differentiations on one product, that you can indicate with (some more) attributes. Three totally different products seems cumbersome for nothing, and unnecessarily difficult for the client... (and is not supported without substantial programming efforts...)

So if product A,B,C, differentiate in say hard disk size, or cpu speed or so, you can do that with attributes, but to put cows and sheep on one page and then differentiate in size as well, I don't think so. You should rewrite the whole product.php and tpl's, etc. to make this possible.

Do you want this, because you now have the pictures and don't want to split them, or because it's easier for your customer? Think from their side...

My 2 cents,

Pascal

i think the same as PascalVG.

If you sell one product, with many combinations like color (red / green blue ) size (S / M / XL) and material (cotton / steel :P / wood )

you can do this in product customization page. But if you want to allow to set MANY combinations for DIFFERENT products, in this case you will need to change classes of prestashop, database also. unfortunately It isn't as simple as it seems