Something to clarify

hi guys,

I have been developing my prestashop(1.5.3) website on my local computer. The "admin" folder in my local computer is "123".

Today I decided to get a web hosting account and managed to install prestashop (1.5.3) on the web host.

After installing prestashop on my web host, I deleted the install folder and rename the "admin" folder to "abc". I could access the back office.

I then renamed the local computer admin folder which is "123" to "abc" to match the one on the web host.

Then I transferred all files from my local computer to the web host.

After the upload I was not able to login to the back office and got an error 500.

Does it has something to do with the admin folder?

How do I transfer my files from local computer to my web host after a fresh installation of prestashop on the web?

Edited by leowls (see edit history)

This issue appears because you use two different installations. In simple words this mean that configuration files isn't the same (salt keys etc.). The best thing in this case is:

1) remove all files from your remote server.

2) remove database from your remote server

3) export database from localhost and import it to remote server.

4) go to the ps_shop_url and change paramteres

5) upload all files from your localhost to remote server

this should help

This issue appears because you use two different installations. In simple words this mean that configuration files isn't the same (salt keys etc.). The best thing in this case is: 1) remove all files from your remote server. 2) remove database from your remote server 3) export database from localhost and import it to remote server. 4) go to the ps_shop_url and change paramteres 5) upload all files from your localhost to remote server this should help

Thanks vekia for the reply,

I'm stuck at step 4, could you elaborate on it? What parameters should I change?

Thank you.

hi, i somehow got it working...

i edited the following files

1. mydatabase.sql replacing all localhost with mydomain.com.

2. setting.ini.php, changing the value for define '_DB_SERVER_', '_DB_NAME_','_DB_USER_','_DB_PASSWD_'

3. edit the value of shop_url. I could not find the table ps_shop_url in my database.

if there's anything I missed out, please kindly point it out to me. Thanks!

Edited by leowls (see edit history)

hi vekia, yes thanks, i can see my Front and backend.

i created a thread earlier regarding the access to my site while it is in maintenance mode.

i have input my ip address but still see the maintenance page.

can you help?