{SOLVED} Search results within the store returns NOTHING

So I have about 400 products and been running my online shop since 2010 but suddenly when you search for something that it's known to be in stock, it simply returns the phrase: Sorry, no results were found.

Odd enough if I run a search query in the admin area it does return results, so the problem seems to be at the front end.

I am thinking it may be the cache or something related, does any one has a clue? I am running:

Prestashop version: 1.4.6.2

Server information: Linux #1 SMP Wed Dec 19 07:05:20 UTC 2012 x86_64

Server software version: Apache

PHP version: 5.3.21

MySQL version: 5.0.96-log

You can check the site live by visiting http://www.tivicr.com

Thanks in advance!

Edited by tivicrdotcom (see edit history)

Hi Tomer, as always on top of the game, thanks a lot. I indeed tried that:

The "indexed" products have been analyzed by PrestaShop and will appear in the results of the front office search.

Indexed products: 405 / 405.

Even when I click on Re-build entire index, I get an update successful but still end up with the same problem, receiving search results empty, or not finding anything. Could it be a db issue?

Tomer, again thanks. I ran the check option and returned all tables with an OK so maybe is not a db issue. Weird enough it just happen out of the blue since I haven't worked hardcore my site lately. Any other thing that comes to mind? Again, thanks!

Weird or not, i got the same problem in my Prestashop... almost the same version than yours and the same problem mechanic... DB is Ok, BackOffice Works Ok but FrontOffice dont show any result : /

Edit: Btw i got solved mine... maybe i can help you if you can answer with a Yes, to this question: What is your prestashop table prefix? "ps_"? or anotherone?

Edited by Lapuntu (see edit history)

Ok so I found a solution.

classes/search.php

Replace line 56 with:

x{a806}\x{a80b}\x{a823}-\x{a82b}\x{e000}-\x{f8ff}\x{fb1e}\x{fb29}\x{fd3e}

Rebuild index and voilá, it works! Thanks Tomer and Lapuntu for participating along the way.

Pura Vida,

AJ

• 2 years later...

Ok so I found a solution.

classes/search.php

Replace line 56 with:

x{a806}\x{a80b}\x{a823}-\x{a82b}\x{e000}-\x{f8ff}\x{fb1e}\x{fb29}\x{fd3e}

Rebuild index and voilá, it works! Thanks Tomer and Lapuntu for participating along the way.

Pura Vida,

AJ

Doesnt work