[solved] no carrier select problem - question about cart

Here is my question, as I continue to have this error and am trying to track it down.

Can I remove all references to carrier in shopping-cart.tpl without causing a problem with the cart functions? I do not need shipping at all, I have only downloadable products.

PS 1.4.9

What will happen if I do this?

bjp

Edited by bjp (see edit history)

When you set a product as downloadable, there should not be any shipping applied.

Generally, removing code is a bad idea, as it can break Javascript or other code.

Instead, you can simply hide it using CSS (adding display:none to the elements you wish to hide)

When you set a product as downloadable, there should not be any shipping applied.

Generally, removing code is a bad idea, as it can break Javascript or other code.

Instead, you can simply hide it using CSS (adding display:none to the elements you wish to hide)

Thanks, Tomer, this is exactly what I ended up doing. I did mange to solve the problem using the display:none style.

I know that with a downloadable product there should not be a shipping option, therefore no carrier, however when a customer would go back and add another item (same kind, downloadable), somehow the cart is requiring that there be a carrier selected. I created a free shipping carrier, set it for all zones, and then used display:none to make it invisible. It seems to be working fine now. I can tell from looking at the carts in back office that the carrier is being recorded anytime a customer adds a second item, but I'm not getting any error, and they don't have to see it.

Thanks for responding. :)

bjp

• Like 1