PrestaShop Installation Problem

Hi All,

Help needed.. I have followed the step by step guide and when I got to the Database settings and clicked 'Varify Now'! I got this message >>Connection to MySQL server succeeded, but database "prestashop" not found (DbPDO) and am now stuck, can anybody help me, with some plain english help :)

Thanks

Kala

exactly as tdr170 said, you have to create new database in mysql. By that i mean that you must have got:

- one clean table (for example named as "prestashop"

- password & login for user which have got rights to edit this database

all of this you can probably do in your webhosting control panel (like cpanel,directadmin,etc.)

I'm still lost with all this.. These are the databases I have in MyPhpAdmin which apart from KieGifts which I named all the others automatically created.... Do I need to create one named 'Prestashop' also? and do i need to go into 'edit' for these and create password?..Not too good with tech :P

Database dot.gif cdcol dot.gif Check Privileges information_schema dot.gif Check Privileges kiegifts dot.gif Check Privileges mysql dot.gif Check Privileges performance_schema dot.gif Check Privileges phpmyadmin dot.gif Check Privileges test dot.gif Check Privileges webauth

What host are you with these look more like a menu items then a database.

Typically you would click on MySQL Database in your host control panel (pic 1) then in the next page you will see a list of the actual databases and some other info. (pic 2)

You would then click on Add Database and enter the info to create an empty database.

Remember the name of the database as well as the user name and password you used to create the database as these will be entered into the installation.

Some host have a different process but this should point you in the right direction.