Cart not working with Shiny Shop Theme

Dear everyone,

On this url: http://www.faroesheepskin.com - I have installed Prestashop 1.5.3.1.

I bought the theme "Shiny Shop", from Best studio, in Themeforest.

My error is:

The cart only works with the Shiny Shop theme in Google Chrome, in all other browsers it doesnt work. - I have not fiddled with any files or scripts at all. Only worked from the Back Office.

If I switch back to the default theme, the cart works in all browsers again.

Anyone experienced this with this theme, or any other theme for that sake?

The error happens like this:

• Put an item in the cart
  • Go to the cart ( Sometimes it empties here, allready )
  • While in the cart ( Click any other link, menu, resume shopping etc. And the cart empties itself )

Again, in all browsers, but Google Chrome.

Ive contaced the creator of the theme, but Im getting told the theme works fine.

Its very essential for the webshop, to be able to actually sell products...

ANY help or input are highly appreciated.

Best regards, Jan Klemmensen - Copenhagen

Edited by Klemmensen (see edit history)

Hello Jan

I also noticed even in Chrome that when adding 4 products off your home page into the cart it shows 4 products but when going to the cart summary page it's only showing 2 products on this page itself but the cart block icon shows 4 still and the amounts are different.

I would tell theme forest that they need to take a better look because it's not working properly especially if the default theme works correctly.

Hi there,

Thank you for taking your time to test it out.

I just tried that same thing too, but funny enough I dont get that error. I have all 4 products in the basket, and price is ok.

The creator of the theme is looking to it tomorrow. Meaning looking at the database etc etc.

But it must be the custom scripts from the new theme which messes things up, right? As it also contains all the tpl files which generate the basket, or are the shop using default files for that?

There is a lot of threads in the forge about carts emptying itselfs, especially from version 1.5xx.

Looking forward to hear ANY ideas on how to fix this, or any shared experiences from the presta world.

UPDATE:

Actually the cart just emptied itself in chrome too - So its not browser specific (Anymore....) but caused from the theme i guess.

Hey Jan

I do not use 1.5 I am on 1.4.9 but from what I have read about the cart empty a lot on 1.5.3 version and have not dug into any causes I was just testing it to make sure it was working in chrome if you having so many issues in other browsers.

Yes, I would think it's the scripts that themeforest created for the theme that is causing some of the issues. I would think they would use some or all the files changed in ways of course to make it work. I have never used themeforest themes.

I just tested it again and now it's working. lol

I also just tested in IE 7 and Firefox and getting same as you do now. That is strange. It would have to be in the files if the cart is working properly on the default theme so it's themeforst by what I can gather

Hi Clayton,

Its pretty much on and off regarding to the working functionality at the moment..I am getting same issues all the time.

Its actually a prestashop designer/developer which has made this theme, and sells it via Themeforest. But I guess they should be sure that the products sold are compatible.

It might be because the theme is not working properly on the 1.5.3.1 version, all though I was told so before I purchased it.

Is it possible to download older versions of Prestashop, say: 1.4.9 - If it works on that version. When I go to Prestashop HP, I just see the latest version available for download.

Is there another site selling themes for prestashop that you guys would reccomend? If it turns out that I have bought something full of errors, I might be forced to buy another theme..