[SOLVED] CSV Import Category default to Home?

Hi All

Got a strange one I can't solve at the moment. I have 300 products I'm trying to import. I have all the categories set up BUT I have also tried this without any categories. My CSV is configured correctly however with this install Prestashop 1.5.3.1 every time I import products it sets the Category (x,y,z) as HOME.

No matter what I do it keeps setting them as a default category. Anyone had this before or know of a fix?

Thanks in advance

Gerry

Edited by cocothecat (see edit history)

That looks like an issue lots of people have been having- including myself. There are a couple of fixes from github that have been mentioned in the forums several times. I tried changing the code a few times, but whatever I'm doing is not working. If someone has gotten this to work and would be so generous as to write some instructions for the procedure that are at a beginner level, that would be VERY helpful.

I have thousands of products that really do need to be in categories, so this is a must for me.

I've been trying this all day. I've applied all the patches, used the github verions and its still doing it. Annoying a feature thats part of the core program can not seem to be fixed by the original developers.

Prestashop WAS great but since V1.5 it's really gone down hill and with each new update it seems to be going down faster and faster

• Like 1

So you have tried the github solution unsuccessfully, too. Others on the forum have said they got it to work for them. Could a moderator, expert, or perhaps anyone who has managed to get this fix to work write something in depth about how to install the corrected code?

And though this is not directly related, I can't get the image url link to work properly with the CSV loader. I have gotten it to work previously with v.1.5.2, but now using the same format doesn't seem to work. I believe others have been having the same issue, and there may be a problem with the code of the CSV importer for images, too. If anybody does have it working, could someone please specify the format they used so that I can be sure to follow it.

Thank you for any responses!

UPDATE:

Perhaps the bug/ software error should be reported in the moderator censored section of the forum for such things. I have not actually posted a new complaint on the forge. I just added comments onto others' complaints about the issue. I also can't point to github code that works (since when I never actually got it working.) I also emailed the same Prestashop Team member, Benjamin Utterback, I believe, about the issue a few days ago- just before he opened that board, I think. He did not respond, but he has already gotten word from me about the problem.

I am not a developer/ coder, so I am loathe to say 'Hey, your code is broken.' But I am not getting it to work.

UPDATE:

I have gotten the products to load into categories. Great success!

I was looking through the forge/ error reporting place. And I found someone with this particular issue for 1.5.3.1. They referenced a dropbox file someone posted as fixing the problem. though I had tried (in what was probably a very feeble fashion) copying and pasting a couple from github to no avail, I thought I should try this one. I had already asked someone for instructions on using the fix, but I thought I might give it a try.

Well, I'm not sure if it was the procedure I used (since I think what I did with the cutting and pasting seemed suspect) or the file, but the dropbox file worked. Here is the link: http://forge.prestas...l#comment-67949

If that doesn't work, it can be found at the forge, looking through v1.5, csv, on Feb 24, 2012. The response from alfonso ceccarelli on Feb. 12, 2013 links to the dropbox file. I'm not sure if it will cure the image linking problem so many people have been having, but fixing the category issue is at least one major crisis resolved.

In case it helps you or others to know specifically what I did, here it is- instructions:

I changed my old AdminImportController file to AdminImportController-BACKUP (Someone on the forum told me you could leave it hanging around there just in case you had to use it if the new file failed to work.)

Download the zip file to your computer, then extract it.

Now drag and drop it into your files (FTP) in the admin portion.

Now the CSV loader should put products into their assigned category/ categories.

I hope it works for you. I will help with anything if I can. This was a real bear for me.

• Like 1

Ahh, I wish I would of saw this earlier I could have saved you some headache. There is also a fix for the combo import to I am pretty sure. The combo and feature import has changed as well if you are going to be importing any of those as well.

This is the format for doing combinations, http://screencast.com/t/DGSJ0xtuy as for the controller I don't remember what the git id's were, but here is a copy of the file I have been using. You can throw it in beyond compare or something to see what changes, or just replace yours with it. This is from a shop using 1.5.3.1 neat42.com/AdminImportController.php.fixed i couldn't figure out how to upload it to the forum.. lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...