Horizontal Menu only shows first two categories

Please see the two screenshots.

I am using the Elation Multi-Platform theme on Prestashop 1.5.3

The horizontal menu shows Home and two categories.

All of the categories are listed in the Home drop down.

The two categories that display seems arbitrary.

Ordering the categories in the back office determines the order in the Home drop-down, but not the order on the menu.

I added categories with the names "A", "B" and "C" to determine if the length of the name affects how many categories display.

All caching, CSS combining, etc. is turned off.

1. Is this a limitation of the Elation Multi-Platform theme or a Prestashop issue?

2. How do I control the number of categories displayed on the horizontal menu?

3. How do I control the order of the categories from lest to right on the horizontal menu? (Ordering them in the back-office category list only affects seems to affect the Home drop-down.)

Please see the screenshots.

post-501082-0-33633000-1363796693_thumb.jpg

post-501082-0-36486500-1363796697_thumb.jpg

Try editing the top menu from the modules configuration, you can change things here that just don't happen naturally.

I removed the menu items from under home by creating my own home button.

Then added the categories that I wanted to show on the top menu.

Thank you. It turns out I was using it incorrectly. I was using a dialog associated with categories which affects the links displayed on the Home drop-down, and will let you re-order the categories, but it doesn't actually add them to the horizontal menu. You have to go to the Top Horizontal Menu module "configure" for that. Your suggestion got me looking again and I found the proper dialog to control the menu.

What confused me was that when I created the first two categories, they automatically appeared on the top horizontal menu, but when I added more categories, they didn't automatically appear on the menu.

Edited by hostricity (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Thank you. It turns out I was using it incorrectly. I was using a dialog associated with categories which affects the links displayed on the Home drop-down, and will let you re-order the categories, but it doesn't actually add them to the horizontal menu. You have to go to the Top Horizontal Menu module "configure" for that. Your suggestion got me looking again and I found the proper dialog to control the menu.

What confused me was that when I created the first two categories, they automatically appeared on the top horizontal menu, but when I added more categories, they didn't automatically appear on the menu.

I was having the exact same problem wish I had read this a couple hrs ago!! You just solved my problem!!