One site in multiple languages or one site for each language?

hostricity

My client wants to set up a shop to sell a product he manufactures in 5 languages.

We are discussing whether he should have one shop for each language or one shop with all the languages.

He would like to translate his product name into each of the five languages and use that domain name. Here's an example (Not the actual product)!

frozenbanana,com

platanocongelado.es

bananecongelee.fr

gefrorenebanane.de

bevrorenbanaan.nl

He would like to setup a separate PrestaShop in each of the languages on the domain names listed above.

I'm new to PrestaShop, but am I correct that I could setup one shop, use all of the above domains, so that when someone goes to bananecongelee.fr, the French version of the shop would come up and if someone goes to bevrorenbanaan.nl, the Dutch version of the site would come up?

Thank you, elpatron.

I'm coming to these conclusions:

1. Do NOT use automatic translations and be sure to translate each product description into each language.

2. Use a .com as the main site and then setup the country specific domains to point to the homepage in the correct language - on one website.

I am still unclear about whether we are doing multi-lingual or multi-regional, but all of the products will be available for sale anywhere in the world. We are using the country tld's because we assume that the most customers who want the German language version of the product will be in Germany and those who live elsewhere will be used to navigating the waters. (No matter which language the customer is viewing the website, they will still be able to purchase the product in any of the available languages.)

• Like 1