Please Test Our Static Html To Prestashop Conversion

Whispar1

Hello,

The conversion of our static html site to our new Prestashop site is up and running. Many thanks to potionsfactory, bill dalton, tomerg3, elpatron, as well as others who helped get through the learning curve.

I am still in the process of working out a few bugs and tweaking things for speed, seo, and usability but would like to here your thoughts and suggestions for improvements.

http://www.whispardesign.com

Edited by Whispar1 (see edit history)

Good morning,

An absolutely beautiful job, it puts me to shame, the whole site smacks of elegance and luxury, I am sure that everyone who visits would love to buy, I know that I do.

Easy navigation, great images, very user friendly

But, I just wondered if you need to have "New" in your catelogue filter!! or on your product listings, isn't everything new?

When I placed a set of curtains, or should I say drapes, in my cart and viewed the cart I was told "no carrier is available for this selection" even though delivery was for Texas, USA

Also when clicking on checkout and looking at instant checkout I noticed that "Title", "Date of Birth" and "Company" were offset to the left of the other fields or is that because these fields are not required

And lastly, for me personally, the text is just a little too light against the background, if your eyesight is not perfect then it maybe hard to read.

Anyway, a magnificent site.

Paul

• Like 1

Hello Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to go through things.

I Do like your site - My [spam-filter] would especially like it :)

With regards to the "new filter" I agree with you- it does look a bit busy and detracts from the products. Technically they are not new because most exist on our static html site. I set the number of days as new to 5 in the back office to compensate for this. Once it is running for 30 days I'll change it back to maybe 2-3 weeks as a "new" period.

With regards to the carriers in the cart - it will continue to show that message until visitors enter a zip code. This is for the sake of accuracy because UPS rates vary by ZIP code, not just the state. For instance 77003 will have a different cost from say 79902.

I think you might be right, the fields in instant checkout are spaced that way because they are not required.

I will darken the text color to a darker gray. Personally I don't like straight black, but you are right - its about customers so I did darken the body text to #737373. Hopefully it is a nice compromise.

I managed to get my scores in pagespeed and yslow from 54/59 to 81/72 so I still have some work to do there.

Thanks Again Paul! I really appreciate your effort.

Edited by Whispar1 (see edit history)

Congratulations Michael! Man you move fast. You know I like the design. Looking for issues I too notice the checkout fields. A quick fix is to use a table. I know you are a CSS man, perhaps you can put them in a DIV, but you can also use the following,

<p class="text">
<table width="10%,200,*">
 <label for="company">{l s='Company'}</label>
 <input type="text" class="text" id="company" name="company" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.company}{$guestInformations.company}{/if}" />
/p></table>

Adjust the table width to match your web site. You'll need to put a table on each one of those fields that are out of whack. Notice that the table begins just above the label, and doesn't include the Class.

You are using that module that overlays a sale image on a product. But I notice that some items are marked down that do not receive the overlay. I'm just curious as to why that is.

This page that has the product marked down by percent has the overlay,

http://www.whisparde...-sculpture.html

This page is marked down by a Dollar Amount doesn't have it,

http://www.whisparde...-clearance.html

Also a bit of visual overlap between the price and sale price marker.

Edited by Bill Dalton (see edit history)

Thanks for all the comments!

The sale overlay was an oversight on my part (forgot to check the "on sale" box)

I fixed the alignment with a float:right and now everything is aligned to the right.

I still need to figure out the overlay reduction issue you mentioned Bill, but it only happens when

a reduction my amount is used - Reduction by percentage does not overlay. Gotta love css :/