Paypal Api Error

I am still having a problem with the API in that every day, at just about the same time - within minutes each day - I receive an error message in my inbox that says:

"A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report:"

So I go to my error log in my hosting account and I find this:

PHP Warning: Division by zero in /home3/mysignin/public_html/classes/controller/FrontController.php on line 869

On line 869 I find this: "$pages_nb = ceil($nbProducts / (int)$this->n);" Now I have no idea what this means as I am not a programmer! I probably know just enough code to be dangerous!! LOL

Oh BTW, I am using Version 1.5.3.1. I hope someone can help me, please! Everything seems to be working fine as far as people being able to check out - just get this error every day. I have not received a complaint from any customer, so not sure why it is saying a client has encountered this problem!

Thanks in advance, :)

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Before we dig deeper, can you check a few things for me:

Please go to Preferences->product in your back office.

Scroll a little down. Can you check what value you have at 'Products per page'?

If it currently is 0, please change into 10 and see if this helps.

If if currently some other value, please tell me what value you have there.

Another quick try: Clear your cookies in your browser and see if this helps.

Last quick try: Can you work with cPanel (or something similar) on your host? If so, please check if there is any 'cron'-command scheduled at/around the time of your error. (If this doesn't ring any bell, just skip this step :-) )

Please feedback if anything changes (or not).

My 2 cents,

Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Preferences-products per page is at 10 already. Cleared cookies and cache. I will try to check on the "cron" command but not sure exactly where to look? I do use C-Panel.

In PayPal, my email address is correct.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for answering!

Brenda

Hi Brenda, when time, I'll try to delve some deeper, see when the errors are triggered.

Strange error indeed...

Ask your host about the cron stuff, they may be able to help you with that. Shortly explain that you get something strange every day same time. They probably can have a look for you then.

Pascal

Hi I have same problem with paypal how nick - balburl.

Every day I receive same messages about 10 messages same time : A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report : but there is not report.

Yesterday I receive over 100 mails with this problem and client has problem pay on my website.

Show me this report : PAYMENT ERROR : PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2013-03-03T19:40:40ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10417L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction cannot complete.L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

I have instaled presta 1.5.3.1

paypal modul 3.4.5

PLEASE HELP

• Like 1

Hi Pascal,

I checked on my CPanel and there are no cron jobs at all. I also checked with the host and they said there were none on my site. At least my customers can order. This seems to be a non-order related error. Any other ideas?

I may have found the problem but need some help, please!

My error log says:

[06-Mar-2013 12:40:41] PHP Warning: Division by zero in /home3/.../public_html/classes/controller/FrontController.php on line 869

In my FrontController.php lines 869, 870 and 871 are:

$pages_nb = ceil($nbProducts / (int)$this->n);

if ($this->p > $pages_nb && $nbProducts <> 0)

Tools::redirect(self::$link->getPaginationLink(false, false, $this->n, false, $pages_nb, false));

I am not sure what this means, but any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Brenda

Edited by balburl (see edit history)

• 2 months later...