Aaargh - 'this Web Page Has A Redirect Loop'

ok I give up, why am I getting this error.

I have installed version 1.5.3.1 on server of new domain and can login to the BO. When trying to login to the FO I get the 'This web page has a redirect loop' error.

Have gone through the suggestions that I can find, cache, one page checkout, removing SSL etc., but no difference.

I have the site set up on localhost and I am looking to migrate this to the live domain, which I have now done about three times and which I have also removed three times.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

well I am getting nowhere with this fast.

Have checked the config.inc and the settings.inc against those on the localhost and all seems fine. Checked the database ps_configuration and ps_shop_url and again all is good.

Anybody else have any suggestions as it is getting very annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Amillen,

I was having this issue locally and turned off / on the Friendly URL option under SEO area.

This fixed the issue. So I am assuming it has something to do with this or an htaccess issue on local installs.

Edited by vzero (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

I had the exact same problem ... Installed Prestashop on my local host with no problem ... tried to migrate it to my live domain and got the "redirect loop error" ... also created a topic for this here

After trying everything every on suggested, and even doing a fresh install from scratch on the live domain ... still no fix

My domain is hosted on a Windows based server ... so I transferred the domain to a Linux based server and did a fresh install ... Voila it worked

Seems like Prestashop doesn't like a Windows based domain, for some reason

• 3 months later...

I am having the same issues, everything works perfectly on localhost, but on production I get redirect loops.

Hosting v1.5.6 on Ubuntu 12.04. 

Edit: I solved it by disabling apache multiviews, took time to find the problem, but when found everything made sense :)

Edited by _Zico_ (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Mind sharing where to disable this Apache Multiviews ... sure I saw it at some stage, but cant seem to find it again

A quick google search 'disable apache multiviews' leads to some interesting pages, for example: http://serverfault.com/questions/264954/apache-multiviews-how-to-disable-it

Which tells you that you can disable it via .htaccess or as I did using the apache configs instead.

I don't know why mine was enabled, it should have been disabled by default.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the information above.

After giving up on prestashop for a while I have returned to it and version 1.6. as I am looking to upgrade one of our website. As before I have done a fresh install on this, first locally, then on to the live host and yet again I am getting the redirect loop.

I am able to log in to the BO ok and can view the site when accessing it with the 'my site' like in BO but when I go to www.mysite.com directly I get the redirect loop. I have gone through the whole enabling/disabling settings and deleting the .htaccess without success.

The most frustrating thing about this is that we have another site running with another ecommerce platform which I decided to create a sub-directory on and see If I could install prestashop on this and, viola, no problems. This site is running with the same host as the other site that is giving me problems.

I have gone through the settings on both but can see no difference.

Anybody any further ideas?

Thanks 

• 2 months later...

In my case was a translation issue... but my problem was only in checkout process.

In Preferences > Seo&Urls you can translate the friendly url for each page of your store and the translated name must be unique, not equal to other page.

In my case page order.php and order-opc.php where both with the same friendly url. Now order-opc.php is called quick-order and order.php is called order.

• Like 2

I had to give up trying to install this directly in the root folder and ended up creating a sub-folder 'www.mydomain.com/shop' and installing it there, which has given no problems. Created a simple page in the root folder linking to the shop in order to get a workaround.

i've had this error too... got the redirect loop thingy!

in my case, it was the difference between www and non-www

after i add www to the domain name in SEO&URLs

problem solved!

hope this can help...

• 3 months later...

My problems was the shop_url definition (multi store)

I had

domain: [address]\

ssl domain: [address]\

phycial uri: [secondpart_address]\

=> didn't work

Changed it to:

domain: [address]

ssl domain: [address]

phycial uri: \[secondpart_address]\

worked like a charm

• 6 months later...

WHAT I DID :

NOW MY MISTAKE WAS THAT I DIDNT TYPE THE FULL & CORRECT ADDRESS OF THE SHOP.  I HAD FORGOTTEN TO ADD THE ADDITIONAL SUBFOLDERS TO THE ADDRESS:

FOR EXAMPLE:

WWW.YOURWEBSITE.COM/presta shop/admin  

AD NOT ..    WWW.YOURWEBSITE.COM/presta shop

... ONCE I ADDED THE SUBFOLDER "admin" to the address it worked and did not loop ! ! YAY !! 

But you have to check to see what your admin folder is called after the first load up of the shop page becos presta shop renames the folder automatically after you have succesfully loaded the page.    THANKS PEOPLES !!  : )   

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been looking for a solution to this problem many weeks and finally I read this and discovered my client had changed the order.php url and write "cart". This was the exact same url for cart.php and this is why my prestashop had a loop redirect when I click on My Cart.

Thank you very much!

In my case was a translation issue... but my problem was only in checkout process.

In Preferences > Seo&Urls you can translate the friendly url for each page of your store and the translated name must be unique, not equal to other page.

In my case page order.php and order-opc.php where both with the same friendly url. Now order-opc.php is called quick-order and order.php is called order.

@donmik welcome to our community :)

Another situtation i have encountred this week in a store of my client, was that the client have 2 modules installed to do the same... redirect the client to the correct language and currency, therefore one module was conflicting with the other, causing the redirect loop.

• 1 month later...

Hello Guys,

I too came across the same error. I tried all the solutions mentioned here, i turned off SEO Urls from BO, also deleted .htaccess file, and did a lot more. But after a bit of research and experiments, finally i found out the solution

Reason for problem :

Once we migrate from test/development servers to live servers, we also move from directory to main site. Then we make changes in ps_shop_url table. Here we update domain , domain_ssl and physical_url. Mostly here is where problem comes from. We tend to leave physical url field empty, as we think we have hosted it on root folder. But here are the settings the you should do :

1) domain : make sure that your domain doesn't have '/' in the end, For ex. don't keep it abcd.com/ , just make it abcd.com

2) domain_ssl : again, make sure there is no '/' in the end of url

3) physical_url : just put a "/" there.

Voila.. Problem Solved. :)

If you find this solution helpful, Do take time to visit our website Kias Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

We provide Website Design, Development Services, Graphic Design Services outsourced from USA,Dubai and India

We have clients for Website Development in New Jersey and Dubai and have 5 star rated service.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

thanks you very much, I had a same pb, I noted "order" on 2 urls, I change by "quick-order" for order-opc and it's ok.

Best Regards