[Solved] Connected To Domainname : Localhost ?

Hi all,

I try the following: I have an up and running store and, because in the early days I made quite some changes in the source files, I want to check what I need to change and if upgrading is furthermore going well. So I try to make a local copy of it on my Mac, and try it out here first.

I downloaded all shopfiles (version 1.6.4.2) , the database contents and all installed on a my localhost. I called my Shop phelinelocal, put everything in localhost/phelinelocal

I can enter the backoffice, but when entering BO->Preferences->SEO & URL, it shows the following error:

Your are currently connected with the following domain name: localhost

This one is different from the main shop domain name set in "Preferences > SEO & URLs": PhelineLocal

Click here if you want to modify the main shop domain name

So in SEO & URL it seems to be ok, as I changed the ps_preferences file entries, but somehow I did something, someWHERE wrong, by giving the current domain name the name 'localhost'. (or '/' or so)

????

This also means I cannot enter the Front office yet. When I try to go to http://localhost/phelinelocal it redirects to "phelinelocal/", and then complaints that it cannot find this.

Where did I go wrong? Anyone?

Pascal

P.S. I checked the B.O. -> Tools -> Configuration Information and all seems ok here. Permissions OK,

"URL of your website": http://localhost/phelinelocal/

EDIT: Direct question about localhost is solved (see below). Error concerning cannot enter shop front office: Opened a new post for this: "Cannot enter my (locally installed) front office"

Edited by PascalVG (see edit history)

Hi Mellow,

Your remark about the localhost was (as you expected ;-) ) right on!

I checked with another (new, clean) local prestashop installation, and indeed localshop for domain name. Thanks!

My direct question in post header is hereby [sOLVED]

Leaves me with the question why I cannot enter my front office, as it seems not related to this problem. I'll open a new post for this.