Multi Store URL question

Yes you can, BUT you can't share the cart between the shops. The information in the backoffice is very misleading about this subject. I made a topic about this here: http://www.prestasho...ultishop-group/ So a real multidomain multishop is not (yet) possible with Prestashop 1.5.3.1.

Edited by Jan Jansen (see edit history)

Hi

I have just been trying to setup my multistore but have a question about the URL.

Can it be setup so each store uses a seperate domain?

Eg.

Shop 1 is www.shop1.com

Shop 2 is www.shop2.com

Shop 3 is www.shop3.com

Thanks for any help!

for cpanel, park shop2/shop3 to shop1

for plesk alias shop2/shop3 to shop1

for most shared you would simply point the url to your shop root files

@jan...stop being so bitter..jajajajaja....personally I don't think they will do it unless it's through the webservice....I wish you luck with that...right now I am to burned out...to do much of anything but lurk here

@jan...stop being so bitter..jajajajaja....personally I don't think they will do it unless it's through the webservice....I wish you luck with that...right now I am to burned out...to do much of anything but lurk here

Oh no elpatron!

I started saving money already for your great work.. Sorry that I expressed myself in such a bitter way, but I feel so down because I put countless hours in Prestashop. And besides this feature, my fully customized 6 shops are as good as finished. You was really my last hope... Of course we want to pay more then you ask usually for your modules, please name a price and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks for the help. I have given up on that because I want to share the cart across all stores. I have tried to set up the stores using sub folders but it doesn't work. Also the documentation on this is VERY limited. Do you know how to set them up like below?

www.shop.com/shop1

www.shop.com/shop2

www.shop.com/shop3

Thank you very much for your help!

• Like 1

Thanks for the help. I have given up on that because I want to share the cart across all stores. I have tried to set up the stores using sub folders but it doesn't work. Also the documentation on this is VERY limited. Do you know how to set them up like below?

www.shop.com/shop1

www.shop.com/shop2

www.shop.com/shop3

Thank you very much for your help!

I think you simply set the virtual uri for each shop like: shop1/ etc.

This would give you the url you want, also ps will generate the url in that screen so you can see it...

Please note: I run my multihsop moudle for my 1.4...so I have only played with 1.5 multishop on my localhost...

here is shop2 on my localhost: When I get somewhere with a decent internet connection I can get one of these on my remote server and test...I am not sure how this config will work with sharing carts...

02.11.2013-17.43.15.png

http://screencast.com/t/OIhETvb5PTW

Edited by elpatron (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

How can I do this?

An url forward changes the domainname, and the same seems to happen with cname. And it does not direct me to shop2, but to shop1....

How can I do this?

An url forward changes the domainname, and the same seems to happen with cname. And it does not direct me to shop2, but to shop1....

point is not forward. In a godaddy shared hosting, you can point the url to the directory....I don't know about other shared hosting...are you on shared hosting?

• 2 weeks later...

point is not forward. In a godaddy shared hosting, you can point the url to the directory....I don't know about other shared hosting...are you on shared hosting?

Fixed. I am on a shared hosting (bhosted) I had to ask my provider to point it to the other directory.

Thanks for your help

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

firstly to say thanks to all those answering. esp. prestashop legend have got a lot of answers from your post.

im looking to have my shop 4u.ie/shop to have multistore. so i would like domain2.com to point to its own multstore on 4u.ie/shop...

is this correct:

shop url:
domain = Domain2.com

physical domain = blank

virtual domain = blank

will PS recognise domain2.com when it points over to 4u.ie/shop ? also will the address bar still have domain2.com or will it change to 4u.ie/shop?

thanks a lot, trev

trevorgilligan - i think its correct. You must point your domain as ALIAS in directadmin or etc... And make new shop: domain = domain2.com, ssl = domain2.com , virtual and physical  - blank. For me it works.

But maybe, someone could help me? I would like to do this: subdomain.mydomain.com. In directadmin i didn`t create subdomain, cuz prestashop said: Do not create any subdomain or subfolder yourself, either on your server or your computer:.

So I created a new shop with this setting: subdomain.mydomain.com , ssl: subdomain.mydomain.com , blank, blank and my final url: http://subdomain.mydomain.com/

But I can`t see my shop. Just got: Apache is functioning normally

Other thing, that I already have two shops. Domain1.com , domain2.com and creating with subdomain (3). But when i write www.domain2.com I have been redirected to domain1.com , why? if I write domain2.com its okey, it open domain2.com. How to solve these two problems?

• Like 1

hi cikcak thanks for reply.
im new to this to but for your first point, i think a sub domain is no different than a domain name in the way it works. so if you have shop on domain1.com . and then sub1.domain1.com as another store, i dont know why it wouldnt work. but i think i read somewhere that the domain must be parked or alias so is sub1.domain1.com an alias?

i dont know about your second point and probably amnt advanced enought to answer that, trev

hi cikcak thanks for reply.

im new to this to but for your first point, i think a sub domain is no different than a domain name in the way it works. so if you have shop on domain1.com . and then sub1.domain1.com as another store, i dont know why it wouldnt work. but i think i read somewhere that the domain must be parked or alias so is sub1.domain1.com an alias?

i dont know about your second point and probably amnt advanced enought to answer that, trev

Hey, thanks for reply also,

No. My main shop - domain1.com. I parked a new domain as ALIAS - domain2.com to get second shop. Now I want to make a third shop with domain1.com subdomain - test. So final url: test.domain1.com.

So Ive tried to create mydomain subdomain - test in directadmin. And it auto created a sub folder - test in my public html. I got only 500 internal server error.

If im not creating a subdomain - test in direct admin , I got - 404 not found.

• 5 weeks later...

sorry for dela @cikcak , again im not a pro but i think you should ask hosting is it an alias or parked or can they make it as such. if its just a folder on main directory then it may have problem with maindomain.com and maindomain.com/test . as its not a seperate domain or sub-domain. maybe instead of in the admin section having test.domain.com try maybe domain.com/test . have a nice weekend