Shared cart for all my websites in the multishop group

How can I get Prestashop 1.5.3.1. working with a shared cart for all my websites in the multishop group?

Now the shared cart only works, when people are logged in.

The cookie for the cart need to be on "shop1.com" of the multishop group. How can i achieve this? Now it makes a new cookie file for every shop/domainname alone. In this way the multishop can never work, so i have to be doing something wrong.

People should be able to put all kinds of different things from the different domain names in one single cart without logging in.

Edit: also the login cookie should be only stored on shop1.com, now i have to login on every single site to get the shared cart/shared login working.

Example: please look at www.mp3shop.nl or soap.com for an example, if you put something in the cart there, then the same item is still in the cart when you switch to a other coolblue shop (for example minisetshop.nl). In this way people can shop over different domainnames and choose where they want to checkout. I want Prestashop to work the same as this. I've expected that Prestashop multishop worked like that, I hope so much that I am not wrong...

Example 2: like magento: http://www.magento-mall.com/ I wish I knew this before... I need to continue with Prestashop because I put so much effort in my theme, but my mind just can't understand that I understood "multishop" so different from the prestashop-developers. I really thought that this feature was included.

Edit 2: this picture makes quite clear that it SHOULD BE INCLUDED: http://www.inmotionh...hare-orders.png this is what I read a year ago, and this is why I started working with Prestashop. Now I get the feeling that I did all my work for nothing.

Any input is more then welcome!! Thanks in advance!

Edited by Jan Jansen (see edit history)

Thank you both so much for thinking together with me.

The great thing about Prestashop is, to me, the whole community, these forums are a great help for everyone that is trying to build a e-commerce solution.

The good thing is that almost all the features are needed for a shared cart, are in Prestashop already, the accounts are fully shared, the stock is shared, the customers are shared etc. So it should be possible to have the login and the cart also shared between the different domain names.

Thanks Trip, I will make a post on the bug tracker, I hope that this will be implemented, or that there will be a paid module for this. In my mind this is indeed a huge bug, because at this moment there is no real "shared cart" or shared login, as suggested on the multishop group setup: http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/images/stories/edu/prestashop1.5/Advanced_Paramaters/Multistore/share-orders.png

I'm really looking forward to a complete multishop Prestashop. I keep the confidence that it will be implemented some day soon, if other sites can do it; then Prestashop can do it too!

I continue working on my project, if a solution comes up for this I will launch all my sites. Everything is almost perfect, only the shared login and cart are missing...

Thanks Elpatron again, I'm really looking forward to your research, you give me hope. Please make it a paid module when/if you get it done.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...